I need a ride to the Red River Gorge from Boulder

By Jimmy Farrell
From Lexington, KY
Sep 25, 2009
On the summit of North Dome
I am hoping to find someone that is thinking about driving to The Red from Boulder in a week or so (sometime around the 6th or 7th of October). This would get us there just in time for The Rocktoberfest, as well as being the best time of year to be at The Red.

One caveat...I have to bring my carpentry tools with me, so I have a decent amount of stuff...I could probably fill the trunk of a small car.

Here's why it may be worthwhile to you... I will pay for ALL of the gas if you can give me a ride, since you will be saving me from renting a one-way car.

By Lauren D. Hollingsworth
From Colorado Springs, CO
Sep 25, 2009
Bouldering at Independence Pass <br />
Have you considered buying a standby ticket and just flying? Even with luggage charges it will still be cheaper than paying someone's gas for a 1000+ mile one-way trip. The only downside is that you won't know for sure when you'll get there. I've only flown standby (3 trips last 18 months) and haven't had too much trouble getting into Cincinnati, or you can get all the way to Lexington on one more hop.

By Jimmy Farrell
From Lexington, KY
Sep 26, 2009
On the summit of North Dome
Thanks for the suggestion, but I really don't think flying would be practical with all of my tools. My only option is to drive there. One way rentals are pretty expensive, and I will still have to pay for all of the gas if I get a rental and drive myself, so I was just hoping to eliminate the rental cost, and hopefully meet a climbing partner in the process! I know someone out there must want to go the RRG and have their gas paid for. Where are you?

By Ben Walburn
Sep 26, 2009
"This definitely beats lying in a pile of saw dust all day"
I'm considering going this week. What are you bringing for tools?

By Jimmy Farrell
From Lexington, KY
Sep 29, 2009
On the summit of North Dome
I don't have a ton of stuff. A tool box. A drill. A circular saw. A reciprocating saw. A work light. A set of plastic saw horses. A few other random assorted small bags of stuff. Not much...

I would love to leave Boulder on Tuesday the 6th. Unfortunately, I can't leave before then, but I could leave a day or two later.

I could really use a ride...any takers?

By Jimmy Farrell
From Lexington, KY
Sep 30, 2009
On the summit of North Dome
bump...

I need to find someone by Friday, otherwise I just have to suck it up and throw my hard-earned money away on a one-way rental. Someone has to want to go to the RRG for a beautiful Fall climbing trip. Again, I will pay for ALL of the gas. I could maybe even be talked into helping pay for your gas to get back to CO at the end of your trip!