I have your offset aliens, thanks for the loan

By Burly Bob
Jun 15, 2010

Isaac, and Nick. I got off of T-Trip and couldn't find Nick to return your aliens. I also have no idea of any of the parties last names so google is useless.

Isaac, Nick? where are you. I still have the offsets you loaned us for the trip. I need to find these guys to get the cams back to their rightful owners. I haven't even got a last name to google. One(Isaac I think) is from the Durango area, and of the self employed stock market type of work. Nick has a girl that stayed in his tent in camp 4 space 8 and her car got broken into on her first night. I believe he is friends with someone in Foresta.

They did the T-Trip as a party of four,late May and a rock came off around pitch 6 or 7 and cratered into the base. If any or some of this jogs someones gray matter, even in the slightest, please e-mail me all your leads, no matter how odd or cold. I am out of ideas. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

By John McNamee
From Littleton, CO
Jun 16, 2010
Artist Tears P3

Bob,

I saw this thread over on sp.com. You're doing a great thing in getting the gear back to the right owners...

Looking forward to your TR when you have time.

Cheers

john

By Eric D
From Gnarnia
Jun 16, 2010
Born again on the last move of the Red Dihedral, high Sierras.

Bob,

You are the man. Thanks for your effort. I was part of the 4 man team with Nick and Isaac. Nick is in Tucson right now, we climbed together in the gym last night. Isaac is actually from Flagstaff. Our buddy Luis took a 40 footer when he pulled the block. I will let Nick know about this post, or you can email me at deschamps1000 at gmail period com and I can forward it to Nick.

Thanks,

Eric

By Jon H
From Boulder
Jun 16, 2010
At the matching crux

I love a happy ending!

I lost 2 Aliens last week in the Gunks and someone was kind enough to see my posts and get them back to me. The karma is flowing freely!

By NicholasB
Jun 16, 2010

Bob!

Thanks for putting up this post. I stopped by Camp 4 but missed you guys. I saw the triumphant pictures online. Nice job on Tangerine Trip!

The offset cams belong to Isaac, who resides in Flagstaff, AZ. Shoot me an email, and I can put you guys in touch. Or, I'll be visiting Flagstaff in about 2 weeks, so I'd be happy to deliver them too. My email is: nbe105 'at' gmail 'dot' com.

Thanks again!

-Nick

By John McNamee
From Littleton, CO
Jun 16, 2010
Artist Tears P3

Great to see this turn out well ... remember back in the days before email and the internet ... trying to track down someone ...

By Burly Bob
Jun 17, 2010

Man, it finally is all coming together. Isaac sent me an e-mail so now I can get him his stuff when i get the address. I must hear of the 40 footer though. I forgot which pitch it was, but I do remeber a hunk of stone just left and below the crack that seemed to be missing. I wondered if it was the one we heard from over on Zodiac.

Anyhow, It took some time, and many, many posts to finally get the offsets heading to their rightful owner. Thanks to all who helped. A trip report is due I know, but this one is especially hard for me, it not only involves a month of the big ditch, but many years of work finally made it happen for me. Putting this into words and not boring those who just want the action would be imposible. Also, I didn't do the tourist thing a photo everthing that happened. I put my camera on a tether on my wall harness, and unless on the wall, it didn't get photographed.

Bob

By Bob Dobalina
Jul 4, 2010

I just love it when folks do the right thing. It says a lot about the climbing community!!

By Adam Paashaus
From Greensboro, North Carolina
Jul 5, 2010
After you get done climbing be sure to head up to the summit for sunset. Its only a 10 minute walk from the main wall. Don't forget your headlamp.

Jon H wrote:
The karma is flowing freely!

Gotta love climbing Karma. Its the best kind.