how hot is too hot for hp40?

By blind cantaloupe
May 20, 2012
through the crux, which could be convoluted because the hardest part of this climb is hanging on sharp jugs for thirty feet
i went to hp40 this past winter and had an awesome time. of course. i know its hot around there right now but id like an estimate of how hot is too hot. info from any locals would be much appreciated. thanks

By daniel arthur
From Auburn,Al
May 20, 2012
NW Couloir of Mt.Helen in August 2012
IMO you should get info from sojourners from a colder land, because us "locals" are used to the heat. I climb at sandrock all summer, but I have lived in Alabama all my life and am used to the heat and humidity. That being said, if you can handle heat, humidity, and mosquitoes then come climb on... :)

By blind cantaloupe
May 21, 2012
thanks daniel. but what im really looking for is around what temperature the slopers feel more like glass and less like rock. im in tx so heat isnt a problem. except for the fact that hp40 is friction dependent.

By Woodchuck ATC
May 21, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
what exactly is the melting point of nylon? Not that your rope would melt, but possibly anyone in spandex or lycra pants could find it uncomfortable. too hot/humid is when your hands slime off hot dry rock buckets.... that's when it's too hot for me.

By richie
From englewood, tn
May 21, 2012
87.6 degrees is when they change texture. of course i'm just yankin yer crank, i was there this past weekend and got bum boy for the first time so the slopers felt fine to me.

By blind cantaloupe
May 21, 2012
a very mild thank you for the sarcastic answers. i could comment on your comprehension of a simple question....... so i did. a special thanks to richie for the info i can actually use.

By Val C
From Nashville, TN
May 21, 2012
I climb there in the summer as well, just make sure to bring plenty of chalk :)

By blind cantaloupe
May 21, 2012
thanks. thats what i was looking for :)