Hike to looking glass from cedar rock or stone depot.

By William Turner
From Carmel, Indiana
Nov 20, 2013

Im going on a trip to cedar rock and I was wondering how long it is to looking glass from there. I really want to climb there also. I have a shit ton of trad gear so I'm not willing to hike too far.

By rock_fencer
From Columbia, SC
Nov 20, 2013

It's a far hike between the two but a short drive. Maybe twenty minute drive on the forest service road if you make the right turns. Half hour if you go back through town. I'd do a day at each as both have their unique features

By nbrown
From western NC
Nov 20, 2013
Top of Shortoff with the Bonsai

You'll have to get there via looking-glass on FS 475, because the other (usual) side of 475 is closed for repair.

By William Turner
From Carmel, Indiana
Nov 20, 2013

How do I do that? is there any way around the road bolck can i not just get there from the other side?

By rock_fencer
From Columbia, SC
Nov 21, 2013

I would check the forest services website for the latest road closure. I think I read that the catheys creek road was open again. Basically you can get to cedar from catheys creek or from FS475 which is the road that leads to the glass before you branch into 475B.

yup Catheys is open:;%20Notices

Forest service Road directions

By William Turner
From Carmel, Indiana
Nov 21, 2013

Cool thanks for your help dude!!!