So peaceful, amazing place, like another planet
Welcome to Hidden Valley Campground - the Camp 4 of Southern California. HVCG has a high concentration of quality routes and one could potentially spend a week in The Park without ever leaving the campground. As such, the area sees more than it's fair share of traffic. A few considerations and logistics while you're here:
- Entrance fee (currently $15) is valid for 7 days of purchase. Camping in the Park is $10/campsite/night, and is on a first-come, first-served basis (no reservations). However, reservations may be made online for group campsites at Indian Cove, Sheep Pass, Cottonwood, and Black Rock Campgrounds through the NPS Reservation Center. More about camping....
- Weekends are crowded during peak season! With its proximity to Los Angeles and San Diego, the Park draws more than 1 million visitors annually. Plan accordingly and have a backup plan if the campgrounds are full. There are numerous inexpensive motels in the nearby towns of Joshua Tree, Yucca Valley, and 29 Palms.
- There are no gas stations in the Park itself. There are two gas stations in the town of Joshua Tree - a Valero on the corner of Park and Hwy 62 and at a Circle K (no diesel) which is a block to the east. Yucca Valley, 6 miles west of town on Hwy 62, has many gas stations to choose from with most having lower prices than the ones in Joshua Tree.
- There is no running water in the Park. Come prepared with a 5-gallon or more jug if planning on staying more than a day. The last place to fill up is at the West Entrance kiosk, where you'll pay 25 cents for 5 gallons.
- Cell phones reception is spotty, but good reception can be had at Key's View. There is an ***EMERGENCY ONLY*** phone located at the second bathroom in main loop of Hidden Valley Campground. The closest payphone is at Coyote Corner at the SE corner of Park Blvd and Hwy 62.
HVCG is located 14 miles SE of the Park's West Entrance along Quail Springs Road (Park Blvd).
Weather station 10.0 miles from here
146 Total Routes
['4 Stars',0],['3 Stars',30],['2 Stars',65],['1 Star',46],['Bomb',4]
Browse More Classics in Hidden Valley Campground
Mountain Project's determination of some of the classic, most popular, highest rated routes for Hidden Valley Campground:
Featured Route For Hidden Valley Campground
Latest Regional Forum Messages