Hey Administrators, It's time to expand the route grading scale options

By M Sprague
From New England
Oct 5, 2010

to include the 15th grade. Jaws II at Rumney got repeated and is called 15a and there are plenty of other 15s now around the world.

By Colonel Mustard
From Reno, NV
Oct 5, 2010
Colonel Mustard

yeah, dammit, I can't even record all the climbs I'm puttin' up, yo!

By Eric Krantz
From Black Hills
Oct 5, 2010
smoke break, pitch 5 or 6 (or 7??) of Dark Shadows

Might as well go with 5.17d. I'm bound to break out of this 5.10 rut any day now.

By M Sprague
From New England
Oct 25, 2010

rings bell-"Ding, ding, ding"

By Leo Paik
From Westminster, Colorado
Oct 26, 2010

FYI, this is actually beyond the privileges of admins. It lies in the domain of the site landlords. I think they may both be busy. I'll forward this on to them.

By goatboy
From Nederland, CO
Oct 26, 2010

While the landlords are fixing that, could they add
an Aid listing to the current Route Finder search engine?
From C1 up to A5, Ice ratings would be cool also.

There is probably more people aid climbing here then huffin 5.15.

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Oct 27, 2010

Who cares, after about 5.12a, it's all teh same. No need to grade it any further out.

5.12a
5.12 A1
5.12 A2
5.12 A3
5.12 A4
5.12 A5

Anything past that is just theoretical anyway!

By Brent Apgar
From Out of the Loop
Oct 27, 2010
Me and Spearhead

I honestly thought that the grading scale topped out at 5.11 OW.

By Nick Wilder
Site Landlord
From The Bubble
Oct 27, 2010
Personal Photo

Okay you badasses, the ratings will now support your projects.

By 20 kN
From Hawaii
Oct 29, 2010

Nick Wilder wrote:
Okay you badasses, the ratings will now support your projects.

Well you’re at it add 5.10d/11a, 11d/12a, ect. as you added all the other subgrades. Not including those is just incomplete. You wouldn’t skip 5.12 and just have it go from 5.11 to 5.13 would you?