Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Having trouble accessing private messages

By Andrew Freeman
From Brookline, MA
Aug 26, 2011

I looked pretty thoroughly, but messages don't seem to be showing up, even after sending a few tests. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a repeat.

By S.Stelli
From Colorado Springs, CO
Aug 26, 2011

I just tested it. Haven't recieved my test PM yet, either.

By Derek Lawrence
From Bailey
Aug 26, 2011
Cocaine Corner

I've got yahoo email - The PMs go into my Spam folder - check there

By S.Stelli
From Colorado Springs, CO
Aug 31, 2011

Still not receiving any private messages. No.... its not going to spam filters...

By dorseyec
Aug 31, 2011

Welcome to MP. I am not sure why the message system has to be so difficult on this site.

By Andy Librande
From Denver, CO
Aug 31, 2011
Me in the Buddha Cave at crumblewood a while ago.

Just worked fine for me. Showed-up less then a minute after testing it. I am on Gmail.

Maybe check to make sure you have the right email address in your account?

By Leo Paik
From Westminster, Colorado
Sep 1, 2011

FWIW, there are some email servers that filter out email. That happened at work. Clevernamehere, a peek at your email address suggests you are not using one (edited out by request) of the common email sites. You may try getting a free account with gmail or hotmail and then asking a landlord to change your email address on your account. Andrew, yours (...edu) is less likely to be filtered.

Addendum: in an effort to try to figure this out, I'm sending both of you test messages through MP.com and my email account to see if one or both get blocked.

By Theriault
From Oromocto NB Canada
Nov 23, 2011
Ziggy Piggy, Welsford NB

I dont seem to be reciving my PM's.... I checked my spam setting and everything seems alright... MP, could you send me a test please.

Cheers
Marty

By Wayne
From Superior, CO
Nov 23, 2011

I've checked in the past by sending myself a PM.

That said, I just sent myself one and it has not come thru in 5 min, and it used to come through pretty much immediately.

By Woodchuck ATC
Nov 23, 2011
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Seems to be a continual problem in the forum pages where buyers PM for an item and never get a response from seller. several have gone to posting up a phone or other email for direct contact.

By Dan Allard
From West Chester, PA
Dec 21, 2012
Day at Summersville Lake

How do you even access private messages??

-d

By Chris treggE
From Madison, WI
Dec 21, 2012
Teh traverse.  Photo Ian C-B.

Dan Allard wrote:
How do you even access private messages?? I've looked where I thought was all over the place and don't see an inbox or anything anywhere? I cant tell if they are working or not because it's not intuitive as to where I am supposed to be looking? Any help appreciated! -d

PMs are emailed to the account you signed up under.

By Dan Allard
From West Chester, PA
Dec 21, 2012
Day at Summersville Lake

Chris treggE wrote:
PMs are emailed to the account you signed up under.

Thanks for the heads up.. and I'll return the favor and let you know they arent working then.

I sent one to someone and he didnt get it and i sent one to myself and didnt get it either..

By ChristopherAust
From Ohio
Dec 21, 2012
omg

gmail works fine for me. Maybe you guys should just come over to the darkside. :)