Have a laugh at my expense.
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By spencerparkin
From Salt Lake City
Me at work.
Climbed Part Time Crack (5.5) on the Lizard Head Wall today. About to repel, I noticed what is given in the following photo.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.  How did I do that...
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. How did I do that?!

So I pulled up half of the rope, took the orange thinger out, rethreaded the chain, then threw it down again. What a pain. Hahahahaaa!

Do you have a photo blooper to share?

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
Jul 26, 2014
I don't understand what I'm supposed to laugh at. Even though I want to. Should I laugh at the rope going directly through the hanger?

By Joan Lee
Me
That orange thing is useless. You should have just cut it. Saved you some time and effort.

By Joan Lee
Me
Hehehe I was very tempted to take a pic of my face right now and post it here ( life on the road )

By nicelegs
From Denver
FrankPS wrote:
Should I laugh at the rope going directly through the hanger?

I didn't realize you were a n00b.

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
nicelegs wrote:
I didn't realize you were a n00b.

Newer than a noob. How do they get the rope up there?

And I didn't see an explanation from you. Ha!

By Joan Lee
Me
Joan Lee wrote:
Frank and all of you noobs out there: feel free to leave a nice beefy locker as you rap a station like on a route like that. That is the way! And I can always use a leaver when I'm sketched out on some 5.7 RX!

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
Jul 26, 2014
OK, I just looked closer (old eyes). The rope is running through a rap ring and a chain. He won't be able to get the rap sling off the way it's attached? Did I pass the "what's wrong with this" test? :)

Edit: I don't see what the runner is attached to on the chain. Hell, I don't even know what I see!

By Joan Lee
Me
FrankPS wrote:
Newer than a noob. How do they get the rope up there? And I didn't see an explanation from you. Ha!

Gym climber

By Joan Lee
Me
FrankPS wrote:

Hahahahaha. Why don't you climb outside?

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
Joan Lee wrote:
Gym climber

Must feel good to dish it out, considering how much crap you (rightfully) take on the website.

By Joan Lee
Me
Joan Lee wrote:
Hahahahaha. Why don't you climb outside?

You troll enough forum to have your shit together for a multipitch. Hehehehe

By Joan Lee
Me
FrankPS wrote:

The difference between you and me is that I actually climb outside (lead trad too), and you don't even have your own rope probably. My bet is "a boulderer"!
Try it, why don't you? It is fun! I say pull off a mentor from the forum the biggest douche that sprays a ton...something like that Zapzit guy. Let him show you how it's done.

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
Joan Lee wrote:

You know, if you collected your thoughts, you could put them in the same post, instead of consecutive ones. That would take some cerebral activity, though.

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV

By Thomas Beck
From Las Vegas, Nevada
beck on limestone
Spenser,

By Joan Lee
Me
Thomas Beck wrote:
Spenser, I've done this rigging a chain set. You do feel a little stupid. Good you checked before launching

He is talking about the red nylon sling not the chain and a rap ring rig. Does anybody pay attention here?
The question is : how did the sling get there in this position in the first place?
If you started a spray thread like "my rack is bigger than yours" or "here's my proj!", or "here's what I climbed this past weekend" you would gget a lot of responses.

By spencerparkin
From Salt Lake City
Me at work.
Yeah, the orange runner with the black stripe: I accidentally got it stuck in there. (i.e., I couldn't retrieve it when I was about to rappel down.) So I had to do a lot of work to retrieve it before I could go down. That's all.

Thought maybe others might share stories of mistakes they'd made or something. Guess I was wrong.

Perhaps I should have titled this thread with a common climbing phrase: "**it show."

By Robbie Mackley
From Tucson, AZ
Jul 27, 2014
Me and Holden at the "Matterhorn"
I've never seen that one, but it did make me laugh.

By Paul Hutton
From Catania, Italy
Jul 27, 2014
Stokolm, Messina, Sicily.
HA I've trapped myself in a situation like that before. May have been identical. You do your double and triple check, and stare at it like a deer-in-the-headlights, then palm strike yourself in the forehead HAHA! Good to, at least, know that I'm not the only one with a check in that box.

By Jesse Toedtman
Jul 27, 2014
I am just curious how this happens (not criticizing)? Was it just that the sling happened to be there when threading your rap rope?

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Jul 27, 2014
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
Jesse Toedtman wrote:

I'm guessing he was attached in direct to the hangar with the sling, and unintentionally pulled the chain through the sling to thread the rope. Voila. Could happen to anyone using slings to go in direct. Not a big deal really. Just a pain in the ass when you don't notice it until you've fed out the whole rope for rappel.

By Buff Johnson
Jul 27, 2014
smiley face
finally found a use for a PAS.

By Adam Burch
From San Dieger
Sep 29, 2014
you local?
Joan Lee wrote:
The difference between you and me is that I actually climb outside (lead trad too),.

If this is true...

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Sep 29, 2014
Bummed
Jon Zucco wrote:

Yup, you're mistake made you human, the fact that you checked makes you a human who is not a dumb ass. I don't think I've ever done exactly that, but I have rigged rappels wrong after a long day and had to re-do things after a final check. That's why we have redundancy. And self check our work, those who don't are the ones we want to laugh at. But often don't because they were killed/injured.

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Sep 29, 2014
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after...
I suspect ZZTop has taken over posting duties for trollanor. The English is far too comprehensible. Getting back at all those meanies for... essentially calling it like it is? You go get 'em beardy! Frank- contacts.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>