Grouping up in Indian Creek

By David Dennis
From Central California
Feb 26, 2014

My partner and I were looking to spend 2-3 weeks in Indian Creek this March, but we only have a set of doubles between us. We originally were going to go elsewhere but some friends told us to go anyways as we will be able to find people to group up with there. How accurate is that? What's the scene like? Is anyone from here planning on being there at the same time that would be interested in sharing a rack? I love cracks, but I've mainly climbed in Yosemite, I'm stoked to get on desert sandstone splitters.

By The Blueprint Part Dank
Feb 26, 2014
Manning face

Just go. Be nice, smile. You'll find other people and other cams

By Ryan Kempf
From Boulder, CO
Feb 26, 2014
Ryan on the Sharks Fin wishing he was on Mt. Whiteny.

FYI the standard currency in the creek is PBR. Take a case even if you don't drink 3.2, you'll make friends.

By Eric Lynch
Feb 26, 2014

Hey,

I will be out there from the 1st to the 10th of March with a fairly large rotating group of friends. Probably will be camped in Creek Pasture. I am sure there will be others hanging around too.

By The Blueprint Part Dank
Feb 26, 2014
Manning face

Ryan Kempf wrote:

To clarify, make sure the PBR you have isn't purchased in Utah. And bring at least 3x's what you think you'd drink. Seriously, it's currency. (Also, have some better microbrew handy for the rope gun who puts up the sick 5.12's for you to TR).

Creek Pasture is the most conducive campground for finding partners, followed by the Bridger Jacks. But personally, I've found that the Supercrack buttress on a Friday afternoon is the best place to meet partners.

Most Coloradans coming in for the weekend take Fridays off and leave the Front Range of a Friday morning. That puts them in the Creek at about 2:00 or so, and the Supercrack buttress is the easiest place to get some quick pitches in before dark. So you'll find a lot of people there just starting their trip and curious about where the open camping is. Just be nice, tell them that you have firewood and PBR and that you would love for them to join you, then voila, you have new friends and more cams.

All in all, I think that Indian Creek is far and away the easiest place to meet people to climb with in the US. Last time I went with just one buddy, and before we even started hiking up from the Supercrack parking lot we had two solo travelers asking to join us for the day.

Indian Creek puts people in a good mood. It would take a special kind of ass hole to be unfriendly when surrounded by that much amazing climbing and beautiful scenery.

By Chris Dickson
From Colorado Springs, CO
Feb 26, 2014
Scarface, Indian Creek.

I'm looking for partners in the Creek, from March 20th-23rd. Will your group still be there? Got plenty of cams and ropes to go around. I will also have many PBRs in tow!

By Matt Pesce
From moab, ut.
Feb 26, 2014
Gunsmoke direct

Look for the white bus at creek pasture...ive got piles of gear

and I just like to climb

and I know lots of folks

By Jen Vaisman
From San Francisco, CA
Feb 27, 2014
Jam crack

David, what dates will you be there?
My partner and I are going from San Francisco 3/28-4/4.

By Kent Pease
From Littleton, Colorado
Feb 27, 2014

I met a pair of climbers at Way Rambo with only a rope. The other climbers in the area, including me, were happy to get in extra leads to set up TRs for them. This may not always work though - it all depends.

By gf9318
Feb 27, 2014

The Supercrack parking lot is kind've like a small carnival these days. You'll certainly find somebody at this crag to climb with, and the note leaving systems are quite advanced. I say go for it! A set of doubles will be a welcome addition to any smaller climbing group. It also increases the number of available topropes, which in my opinion is awesome.

For the record, normal PBR is 4.74.

Have fun!