Great Red Roof, First Pullout

By catrina sisco
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Feb 13, 2013
...

Does anyone know of any female ascents on Great Red Roof?

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 13, 2013
You stay away from mah pig!

Is that this route?

Looks rad. I don't know anything about it.

By Will S
From Joshua Tree
Feb 13, 2013

Don't know of any female ascents. But if you are going to project it, and especially if you are in SoCal, drop me a line...I'd be psyched to carpool over there and work on it.

By catrina sisco
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Feb 13, 2013
...

that is in fact the route. I would love to be the first female ascent, just want to make 100% sure that no ladies have sent it yet before i go saying im the first. So far, I've found none. I'm local in Vegas, but I hope you get to make it out here soon! the weather is getting super nice! SENDING WEATHER!

By I.A.N
Feb 13, 2013

gymjones.com/knowledge/article/walk-it/

By Tony Hawk
Feb 13, 2013

awesome link I.A.N.

glad I stumbled onto this tread....hope you send Catrina.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 14, 2013
You stay away from mah pig!

By Jon Clark
From Philadelphia, PA
Feb 14, 2013
onsight soloing Atman

According to the Handren guide Tom Moulin got the FFA.

By catrina sisco
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Feb 14, 2013
...

camhead wrote:
I had not heard of this route before this thread, then I connected it to the pic that I linked above. Does anyone know more details of it? Did Trotter get the FFA? What size is it? Pure crack, face, or what? Also, Catrina, awesome line, but be aware that, as it appears you are just breaking into 12s right now, the move from 12s to 13s (especially gear routes) is infinitely bigger than the move from 11s to 12s.

Tom moulin got the FFA in '07. It's kind of a funky route to explain. It appears to be a crack from the bottom but when you get up there it's more of a rail that you can get some decent heel toe cams but not really any decent hand jams. Eventually you get to the end of the roof, where you campus on some shitty slopes. I am in fact aware of the jump 12 to 13, but the 12s haven't been taking me very long to get and when I was on the route, it felt extremely doable. I know it's not going to be easy, shit, it could take me a year for all I know. But I do know, this thing is a fantastic line, and whether it has a first free female ascent or not, you can't pass something up like this just because you haven't climbed at that grade yet.