Great Experience(s) with Fixe Hardware

By Zappatista
Jul 28, 2012
Book me, officer.

By Zappatista
Jul 28, 2012
Book me, officer.

This site needs more positivity once in a while...

By Benjamin Chapman
From Small Town, USA
Jul 28, 2012
old 1/4" bolt.

Dreaded Pirate...I certainly agree that this forum needs more CLIMBING related topics/threads and lots more positivity, but referring to folks that have legitimate concerns about customer service as as.holes, and belittling retards and jacka..es ISN'T positive!! Try practicing what you preach in future posts.

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Jul 28, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.

You can say ass. It's ok.

By tim naylor
Jul 28, 2012

Have had nothing but great purchases from kevin.

By Ray Pinpillage
From West Egg
Jul 28, 2012
Cleo's Needle

I climbed on Fixe hangers last weekend and had a great experience. Does that count?

By Michael Pang
Jul 29, 2012
Hands.

i met kevin this winter in bishop and found him to be super friendly and down-to-earth. looking forward to buying some offset aliens when they come out this fall.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Jul 29, 2012
...

I've been purchasing FIXE products since the company came to fruition and will continue to do so...

Kevin sells quality gear!

locker
owner/resoler
PositiveResoles.com

By fossana
From Bishop, CA
Jul 29, 2012
downclimb off the First Flatiron <br />photo by TooTallTim

I know Kevin from my time in Bishop and have had nothing but positive interactions with him. I value his friendship, appreciate his directness, and look up to his business acumen.

By Zappatista
Jul 29, 2012
Book me, officer.

That's what I'm talking about, people. Hard to make it to 40 pages if someone isn't getting thrown under the bus, isn't it?

By Unassigned User
Jul 29, 2012

Rick and resole went thrifty pages and nobody ended up under a bus. Just sayin.

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Jul 29, 2012
Toofast

I am really psyched that Fixe brought Aliens back to the market, even if Kevin refuses to give them away for free.

By Zappatista
Jul 31, 2012
Book me, officer.

This post violated Rule #1. It has been removed by Mountain Project.

By brennahm
Jul 31, 2012

This thread=win.

By Unassigned User
Aug 1, 2012

Killis were you drunk on that last post? I laughed so hard then I re read it and laughed again cuz I had no clue what half of that said.

Awesome.

By Eric Coffman
Aug 1, 2012
mountainlion

Jhazard what killis was trying to say is that he is a booty pirate with low standards. He's willing to splurge on a first date with the right man if they can choke down some chik-fil-A and he can get a reach around. At least that's what I thought he said. But it could be the rum or lack of rum talking you can never tell with a buccaneer.:)

By Jeremy Hand
Aug 1, 2012
slopey

Killis, you may have just won the Most Butthurt award on MP. Dude did not have a good customer experience, get the fuck over it and stop whining like a little bitch and making bigoted posts about something that you do not agree with.

I've had mixed experiences with Fixe. Like the other day brah, I was leading this route brah and all the hardware was good. Brah dood, I was psyched to pull into the roof when, much to my dismay like seriously broseph, there was a spinner right there brah. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read Fixe on the hanger brah.

The Dread Pirate Killis wrote:

You threw someone under the bus, albeit nonchalantly, in the OP. Get over yourself.

By nbrown
From western NC
Aug 1, 2012
Top of Shortoff with the Bonsai

I've used a good bit of the fixe products and have a few things to say:

Their bolt hangers are strong as hell, but they stick out on the rock like a sore thumb. Also, they tend to gouge the biners worse than any other brand of hangers I've ever used (maybe I've done too much hanging...).

I like their chain anchor set-up designs (for the most part), but can't justify the expense when I can put the same quality stuff together myself by working with a local rigging company to acquire quality rated hardware (chains, quick-links, etc.) at a fraction of the price.

Like the tripley bolt, especially in some of the "relatively" soft rock in TN and NC, but hate the wedge bolts. Have had numerous problems with them not tightening down properly (which really sucks after labourously hand drilling a placement). Also, have had problems with the nuts on the wedge bolts cross-threading very easily.

A few years back, maybe 2004/2005, someone at fixe was shipping out 10mm bolts instead of 3/8 inch. This happened on multiple occasions. Obviosuly they don't fit 3/8 inch holes very well, unless you're placing 'em with a sledge hammer... which probably ain't a good practice.

I still use their ring hangers, but that's about it. The hilti ss kwik bolts is my bolt of choice in medium to hard rock these days. They set way better and are a hell of a lot cheaper (as low as 50 cents each for ss if you buy them by the box).

Props to climbtech for designing a nice hanger that is not overly expensive (yet), though they are shiny as hell... But since I usually end up painting them anyway, that's no big deal.

By Brian
From North Kingstown, RI
Aug 1, 2012

nbrown wrote:
Also, they tend to gouge the biners worse than any other brand of hangers I've ever used...

+1 Metolius and Mad Rock have rounded edges and less gouging the biner.

By Unassigned User
Aug 1, 2012

David Sahalie wrote:
what is a herp-staff? is that a trad-only device?

I heard it was going to replace aliens as the smallest gear on the market...

By Rob Dillon
Aug 1, 2012

Has anyone tried filing down the inside of the hangers to prevent biner-gouging?

Rob
who just had a Friendly Customer Experience with Kevin

By Zappatista
Aug 1, 2012
Book me, officer.

David Sahalie wrote:
what is a herp-staff? is that a trad-only device?

Not if you're free saturday night...

My "drunken post" was stone sober and paraphrased from a certain Denver climber who may have originated the term "blast cave", and also "throat yogurt".

Hand, to respond to your butthurt sermon, I'd like a mailing address to send you pink Kleenex and PMS tea. Talk about calling the kettle black. It's called being able to laugh at funny things, getting over yourself isn't nearly as fun as getting under others anyway, depending on the specifics of your situation, which I'm guessing involved Waffle Fries til they started dissing "your people".

To quote George Carlin: "calm down...have some dip."

By alpinglow
From city, state
Aug 2, 2012

Is Killis the new Fixe rep?

By Greg D
From Here
Aug 2, 2012
Out of the blue.  Photo by Mike W. <br />

I've had many great experiences falling on Fixe bolts on sport climbs. This has been great fun since everyone knows that pretty much falling on sport climbs is totally safe. I haven't had any experiences falling on their cams cause I won't. Everyone knows fallings on trad gear is one of the dumbest concept floating around the internet.

By Unassigned User
Aug 2, 2012

Greg you hit the nail on the coffin.

Taking whipper on fixe bolts= fun

Taking whipper on fixe aliens= what are you talking about? Do you know the Internet will flame you? One never falls on trad gear. Duh.

By 20 kN
From Hawaii
Aug 2, 2012

All Killer No Filler wrote:
Ordered from Fixe several times, always got my gear at a good price, shipped quickly and professionally. Any questions I have have been answered by Kevin in a quick and straightforward way. Fixe makes the best designed bolt hangers on the market in my opinion, and it's hard to argue that their anchor hangers are far and away better than other commercially available options or the usual "went to Home Depot and made sumpin muhseff" gack that cheap bastards tend to put up. My only complaint is that Kevin Daniels is not giving away free Aliens to every asshole that wants one, like some retarded form of unemployment for jackasses. Anyone else want to back up Kevin and Fixe? Thanks again for all your support of the ASCA!

KD has hooked our local crag up with bolting gear at a good price as well. However, I do not share the same enthusiasm for him as you do. KD can be rather unprofessional at times. Before I started dealing with Fixe, I had some basic contact with him via e-mail. He was rather rude, he gave no effort towards writing a grammatically correct and professional looking response, and when I asked for his phone number so I could talk to him on the phone, he completely flipped out for some reason. It was my first time dealing with Fixe and I was completely tuned off; I bought my hangers from Petzl instead.

Also, I happen to know what his approximate dealer pricing is on his gear, as I have been to the Fixe Faders plant in Spain. I can assure you that the prices he has on his website are pretty steep compared to what he pays for the product he sells. But in his defense, as I said before, he has hooked our crag up with great deals before, so I am grateful for that. Also, I wont hold the pricing issue against him personally as he is free to charge whatever he wants.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>