Grasshopper Canyon, Santa Fe, NM

By Zack Hall
From Gunnison, Colorado
Apr 29, 2013
Does anyone have any info on Grasshopper Canyon, near Canoncito? I'm interested in the boulder problems I've seen established there, they look awesome! I'll be going there with my pad when I get back to Santa Fe, but any route info; grades, beta would be great!

By Owen Summerscales
From Los Alamos, NM
May 14, 2013
Gerle creek at loon lake
Dude no one seems to bother documenting the bouldering out here (NM). I think since bob murray scoured the land of enchantment, everyone is scared to claim an FA, or else they just prefer to leave things unnamed and unknown.

Please, develop the area and post up some beta on MP when you think its time.

cheers

By bruno-cx
May 14, 2013
shirtless wonder
Think there might some info on rockclimbing.com, otherwise ask the Ed or Rich Strang.

Probably better off driving to Roy as there is ass ton of rock out there, even with all the recent development there is still ton FA's waiting to be done.

By Owen Summerscales
From Los Alamos, NM
May 15, 2013
Gerle creek at loon lake
Roy is the mother lode.. just a couple hrs from santa fe. Makes everything else in NM seem rather paltry in comparison.

By Owen Summerscales
From Los Alamos, NM
May 15, 2013
Gerle creek at loon lake
The second rule of Roy is there is no Ro... no wait, the second rule is, No Smoking.

By Zack Hall
From Gunnison, Colorado
May 19, 2013
Thanks guys, I'll head over to Roy as well. I went to grasshopper yesterday and I'll probably be spending some more time there since it's on my way to and from work. I'll post up some beta as soon as I get it figured out.

By frxvced
May 21, 2013
More to learn in this field. Thank you.

By Zack Hall
From Gunnison, Colorado
May 28, 2013
I've found about 9 boulder problems in the canyon ranging from v3 to v8(approximately, I can't climb that hard). Some problems have holds chiseled in them, kind of disappointing.

By Souljah
From Northern NM
Aug 3, 2013
Can Tajo Slab. <br />Glenn Short down below.
There was no 'Roy' when we "weren't" working that area back in 1999 and 2000. .>)