- General – You can lead climb once certified to do so. Make an appointment to get certified. You can boulder without being certified.
- Phone number – 303.384.8100
- Parking - Several large lots on the north and south sides of the building.
- Hours – T-Su 4:30p-8:30pm?
- Height of Wall – 25' Bouldering wall is 15' tall.
- Type of Wall – Pheaux concrete, with natural holds, and small cracks.
- Leading - Yes, once certified.
- Bouldering – Yes, no restrictions.
- Other training options – swimming, cardio, weights etc.
- Other bonuses – kayaking park just outside.
- Age limitations – Minimum age 3 to climb.
- Requirements to certify to belay – must pass test
- Rental equipment - harnesses only. Free.
- Daily rate – $5.50/d adult, $3.50/d youth 6 - 17.
- Hidden savings - Membership if Golden resident.
- Punch cards – You can buy a 20 visit punch card to save $$.
- Memberships – Discount for Golden residents
- Classes – Inquire within for private or group climbing lessons.
- Competitions – Youth climbing club has contests every now and then.
- Experienced climbers running wall? - Sort of.
- Other – Nice, soft spongy floor. You can boulder on the climbing walls to a certain height if no one is climbing. All routes have top ropes set up and most routes have pre-hung quickdraws or you can bring your own draws if certified to lead.
Weather station 2.5 miles from here
Local Information for Golden Rec Center
Latest Regional Forum Messages
By John Simpson
From: Golden, CO
Apr 28, 2008
I would be careful about who belays your kids when you go here. A friend of mine was in there a while ago and saw one of the guys working there belaying two kids, on different ropes, at the same time, off of the same ATC belay device... obviously not safe so be careful.
By Chris Chaney
From: Arvada, Colorado
Apr 13, 2010
Check hours before you make a special trip. There are certain times set aside for climbing club and family climbing. Call 303-384-8100 for hours.
By Unassigned User
Jun 24, 2011
I used to work for this wall for three years and still climb there. The comments below are really old hat and were put up before the new climbing wall coordinator took over. The wall has come a very long ways and features some pretty ill bouldering. If conditions at Clear Creek, North Table, or Morrison aren't ideal, this place is worth the visit. There is at least one 5.11, all natural route on the top rope wall and a pretty crimpy natural bouldering problem that traverses the bottom right of the TR wall and finishes on the large natural bulge (for lack of better term) before the start of the bouldering wall. A new coordinator took over this year and has continued to improve on this diamond in the rough, so it's still worth a visit, IMO.
The wall is open to climb virtually any time the Community Center is open EXCEPT for Climbing Club on Monday nights from 4:30pm-8:30pm; Climbing Club is a constant. You can pick up a climbing wall schedule at the wall or the front desk which will tell you when the wall is open for climbing.
Hope that helps!