glenwood climber in need of good karma

By Steve Kahn
Oct 26, 2012
i'm dumb and left my PAS at west side of the base of the airy block, right of the interstate.

anyone feel like fishing it out and hook'n me up???

please please!

By Dave Bn
From Fort Collins, CO
Oct 26, 2012
Dreamweaver
This loss will only benefit you in the end.

By Yo Momma'99
Oct 26, 2012
hahaha! its funny how climbers are so petty about lost gear.... try "dropping" $75 in weights while diving on a casual day! People, your hobbies cost money! This is why yo all make cha ching. Actually we all are the lucky ones that actually get to do fun things with our cash. Reality check!

By S Denny
From Carbondale, CO
Oct 26, 2012
i just don't understand why you don't go get it...?

maybe you don't live here... but who climbs at the airy block that doesn't live here?!

By Eric Engberg
Oct 26, 2012
Yo Momma'99 wrote:

+1. Along with the fact that the time, effort and expense to return it wold outweigh the replacement cost. Besides PAS's are for sissies - man up - or at least don't broadcast the fact that you use one.

By S Denny
From Carbondale, CO
Oct 26, 2012
if you PM me some beta on it's locale I just might get it next time i'm out that way

By Ian Stewart
Oct 26, 2012
Yo Momma'99 wrote:

I don't understand why that's considered "petty" at all. If I forgot something at a crag, I'd probably post about it too. If somebody is already going to be heading that way and could pick it up for me, what's the problem? Worst case scenario you don't get it back (and you're still in the same situation as you were before), but if you can get it back, why not? I'm sure if you could have retrieved those weights, you would have.

You're right that climbing is cheap in comparison, though. Forget about forgetting gear, a lift ticket up at Vail for a single day is $109 during the season...ouch.

By Phillip Morris
From Flavor Country
Oct 26, 2012
Life aint easy

By Yo Momma'99
Oct 27, 2012
Ye...if ur ever at the jetty and see my weights (10lbs or so in a pouch) at about 30ft deep can u retrieve them for me? Hey u can always try...eh?

By Yo Momma'99
Oct 27, 2012
ok stop and think how much cash yo all dropped on dumb things like cigarettes, booz, hookers, dezigner clothes, jewelry, furniture...etc etc...or just go down in your basements and see how much crap is sitting there wasting space. Don't cry over spilled milk. Posts like that make an impression that climbers are petty in general...just saying.

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
Oct 27, 2012
El Chorro
Yo Momma'99 wrote:

I get pretty tired of the lost gear threads too, but I'm more interested in why you didn't just retrieve the weights? 30 ft? Really?

By Yo Momma'99
Oct 27, 2012
Ryan Williams wrote:

Yep, honestly by the time I knew they were gone it was too late...the surge at the jetty was strong and there were a lot of rocks present. No I did not emergency dump them ( which can be the case when you can't inflate your BCD due to some sort of malfunction) I think the buckle came undone while I was wedged between the rocks looking for lobsters. On that dive we went as deep as 30 ft and the tide was coming in so looking to retrieve the weights would not be a reasonable option.