Gear Junkies will like this one...

By Trevor.
Dec 6, 2012
Me on Pabst Smear. Chris took this pic from East Carbody.
This site looks like it'll be a good way to decide between the million and one different pieces of gear on the market. I don't think it's fully finished yet, but what they have so far looks pretty sweet.

WeighMyRack.com

By Ian Stewart
Dec 6, 2012
Interesting, though it does seem like a work in progress. For one, they don't have any sort of protection yet other than just biners and quickdraws. Also, I was expecting a site called "weigh my rack" would let you put in what gear you own and it would give you weight totals. Right now you can only "own" one of each type of gear and it doesn't give any sort of totals...

Should be neat once it's all done.

By Brian Scoggins
From Eugene, OR
Dec 6, 2012
Because the efficiency, competence, and sheer finishedness of the spadout.com rack simulator unnerves you?

Sure, the software is flawed since it only works for currently marketed gear, but the tool has existed, in a fully functional form, for years.

By Trevor.
Dec 6, 2012
Me on Pabst Smear. Chris took this pic from East Carbody.
In the Reddit post in which I first saw WeighMyRack, the creator posts that she plans on adding trad gear, ropes, and other stuff. It's not particularly awesome yet, but it seems like it's got potential to be a good option for making informed gear purchases.

By Ben Gordon
From La Canada, CA
Dec 6, 2012
Both of these are awesome! Thanks for posting.

By Jeremy Aslaksen
From Albuquerque, NM
Dec 6, 2012
If there were tits involved this would be cool.

Otherwise it is quite a stupid waste of time.

Should go over well here though.

By Gunkiemike
Dec 6, 2012
Jeremy Aslaksen wrote:
If there were tits involved this would be cool.

Is Rate my Rack (dot com) still operating?

By John Husky
Dec 6, 2012
If only there were some sort of device that was readily available for use in the home that could give information about the mass of an object and how it is affected by gravity. I would keep it by my toilet.