G-String Climbing Grips
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By nate post
Dec 15, 2012
The headwall of Royal Flush.

Anyone heard of or tried out the sicgrips.com/Design.html
g string climbing grips yet? they look like they would be a great addition for the home training gym.

g string climbing grips
g string climbing grips

By Josh Kornish
Dec 15, 2012
The Roach

IMO these are the best training grips out there. A lot of great thought went into these and it's very apparent when using them.

Get them!

By nate post
Dec 15, 2012
The headwall of Royal Flush.

Thanks, I think I will

By "H"
From Manitou Springs
Dec 15, 2012
Axes glistening in the sun

I'd get'em just to show'em off. They look like art compared to my fingerboard.

By Medic741
From Pittsford, New York
Dec 15, 2012
When I was a bum at Frey

Those are awesome!!! I'm picking some of those up... Thanks for sharing dude!

By nate post
Dec 16, 2012
The headwall of Royal Flush.

If its a good product I want to know and I want other people to know about it so that they can make some money on innovative ideas that improve the way we train.

By Dana Bartlett
From CT
Dec 16, 2012

Impressive.

By Pitty
From Marbach
Dec 16, 2012
My cool Elly....

Have ordered them, they impressed me very much, looking forward receiving them. How long might it take to ship them to Switzerland?

By Tom Mulholland
From #1 Cheese Producing State!
Dec 16, 2012
Whiskey-a-Go-Go

Looks like a lot of sharp edges that would be hard on the tendons.

By Josh Kornish
Dec 16, 2012
The Roach

Tom Mulholland wrote:
Looks like a lot of sharp edges that would be hard on the tendons.

I've always been extremely conservative when it comes to training and damaging my tendons. I've been using these almost daily at my local gym and I can tell you from experience that they are extremely ergonomic and there are no sharp edges to worry about.

It's amazing how many configurations you can create with these grips. Extremely versatile!

By Allen Corneau
From Houston, TX
Dec 16, 2012

Looks like it could cam in a crack well, maybe about the size of a #6 Camalot?

Sure looks lighter, too.

By Woodchuck ATC
Dec 16, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Allen Corneau wrote:
Looks like it could cam in a crack well, maybe about the size of a #6 Camalot? Sure looks lighter, too.

Training AND trad' pro, dual use item; I like that idea!!!

Price seems very reasonable for the quality of the set and versatility of positions. Pretty dam cool item!

By SICgrips
Dec 17, 2012

Craig

By Pitty
From Marbach
Dec 17, 2012
My cool Elly....

SICgrips wrote:
Nice to see the interest in our product. If anyone has questions, I'm happy to answer them, though it seems like users are already doing a good job of that! :-) Craig

when will they arrive? :-)

By Steve86
Dec 17, 2012

Ordered some too after seeing this -- excited to check them out.

By gary ohm
From Paso Robles
Dec 17, 2012

Those are cool. When folks start getting them please post a few videos. I am looking forward to seeing them in action. They are cool enough I might have to buy two sets. One for home and one for the gym at work;;

By SICgrips
Dec 17, 2012

Pitty wrote:
when will they arrive? :-)

If you want to send me your name or email address, to craig@sicgrips.com, I can check on it. Even though things get sent Priority mail it starts slowing down some this time of year...

By Woodchuck ATC
Dec 17, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

these definately look KICK-ASS and just ordered up a pair. Look forward to hanging around on them indoors this winter. Hope to get them before X-mas if possible.....7 days shipment if lucky?

By Pitty
From Marbach
Dec 18, 2012
My cool Elly....

SICgrips wrote:

Hello Craig, thank you, I ordered them two days ago and they will be shipped to switzerland - I don't think we can really speed it up. :-) But many thanks, I'll post it when they arrived and my arms are exhausted the first time.
thanks, Peter

By SICgrips
Dec 18, 2012

Hi Peter, I've sent you an email with the USPS tracking information. My experience is that this time of year with international First Class shipping things can go really slow. Hopefully you'll get it within 6-10 working days however, things have taken as long as 3 weeks. :-( Unfortunately that is out of our hands. Hope it arrives in a timely fashion.

Craig

By Woodchuck ATC
Dec 18, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Craig: I got my email with Priority mail confirmation early this AM. Great ! I bet they even get here by Friday this week! Will be crimping and pulling by Sat afternoon! Thanks for the speedy delivery service.

By Kilroywashere!
From Harrisonburg, Virginia
Dec 18, 2012
Kilroy

got to play around with these a bit in wv this past summer, very awesome product, verrry very well thought out, if i didnt already have a fingerboard i'd have bought a set.

By Steve86
Dec 18, 2012

Woodchuck ATC wrote:

Got my confirmation this morning as well. Very excited.

By JohnWesely
From Red River Gorge
Dec 18, 2012
Gunking

Am I the only one who would rather not have his finger board move around? Seem dangerous to me.

By Woodchuck ATC
Dec 18, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

JohnWesely wrote:

I see these more similar to RockRings kind of device, except with alot more variety. Yes, they will move some but I don't plan on lunges or swinging moves, just dead body hangs with or without feet/knees on the ground. I never liked having a board nailed up at one specific height very much. I can change height and angle with these for alot more variety.

By Will S
From Joshua Tree
Dec 18, 2012

Woodchuck ATC wrote:

Help me understand you. How does changing the height of your hangboard/rock rings/"g-strings" provide more "variety"?

Personally, I absolutely DO NOT want the device I'm hanging from to move at all. It's already problematic enough to pull into a weighted hang on the hangboard without introducing slight body swing when your feet leave the ground. I really fine tune my stepping aid (stack of boards on the ground) so that I can start the hang at exactly the right position (which varies relative to which hold is used and where the hold is on the hangboard, thus the step-boards) to avoid ANY bodyswing. And that's with a rigid mounted board. It would be completely impossible with these devices.

I think from a design standpoint, these are very innovative to get as much variety in grip position out of a small device as they do. They look well-made, aesthetic. But I don't see them as a valuable training tool for anyone beyond the very early stages of training...for finger strength anyway. If you are into doing pullups, or training shoulder girdle stability type things similar to rings exercises, they may be great. But I don't do pullups, and haven't for many years, they're just a ticket to elbow problems but that's a different debate. For fingers/grip strength, a hangboard is going to be a vastly superior apparatus.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>