Fremont Canyon Bridge Jump

By Cameron Cross
May 23, 2007

Hey All,

I was just wondering if anyone knew details about the bridge jump at Fremont Canyon.

Is it legal?

If so, does anyone have any details about it?

I remember looking at it a couple of years ago, but would love to talk to anyone who has actually done it, or knows the official status of it.

Thanks,
Cameron
heydook@yahoo.com

By Lee Smith
May 23, 2007
You can love your rope but you can't "LOVE" your rope! <br />(Back by Popular Demand.  There you are Mom) <br /> <br />

Cameron,

Steph Davis, in her excellent book High Infatuation talks about purposely rapping off the ends of the rope into Fremont Canyon. It is a haunting story. Years before, two women were thrown off the bridge by an assailant. If I were you I would read this story before you jump the whole way.

Lee

By Hank Caylor
From Golden, CO
May 23, 2007
Lone goat..

I was wondering the same thing, only for a BASE jump with a water landing. How tall is that thing?

By Buff Johnson
May 24, 2007
smiley face

Here:

Part of the Bridge Area -- kinda shows part of the Bridge South.
Part of the Bridge Area -- kinda shows part of the Bridge South.

I think about 50-55 meters (eyeball construction) - I say go!

By Hank Caylor
From Golden, CO
May 24, 2007
Lone goat..

AAAAHHHHH!!!! Nevermind, looks like a death sandwich without the bread. Can't wait to check out the climbing anyways.

By White Muscle
Sep 1, 2013

its completely safe and has been ton hundreds and hundreds of times. as long as you have a solid understanding on ropes, knots, backing shit up, and are safe, you will be fine.

dont let those fools scare you with stories about 2 girls being thrown off of the bridge. Although an unfortunate story, it doesnt make it unsafe to jump from with ropes and the proper equipment.

SBAD

By CJC
Sep 1, 2013

White Muscle wrote:

What an odd thing to say.

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Sep 1, 2013
Just a teaser

just be ware of potential hazards 1:55

By Buff Johnson
Sep 1, 2013
smiley face

the guy's timing couldn't have been any better

By zach-4
From Lakewood,co
Sep 3, 2013
clear creek

Hey I've been contemplating the same thing!! Let me know if you want to go check it out I'd be down.

By CalmAdrenaline
From SL,UT
Sep 3, 2013
Oregon Coast Bouldering

Been jumping it every 4th of july since 2008!

By Will Butler
From Boulder, CO
Sep 4, 2013
ice park

articles.latimes.com/1992-08-23/news/mn-7229_1_years-ago

Just looked up the story of the two women who were thrown from the Fremont Bridge. Super F'd up....like Dumpster BBQ f'd up.