FREE to a good home!
Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

Me
My husband's "rack" ! The Countess of Monterey
Joined May 6, 2013
15 points
First trad lead.
I'll take it. Although please include a picture of him so I know to avoid him around the crag. I'm sure he won't take too kindly to its disappearance. Chris I
From Fresno, CA
Joined Nov 4, 2007
118 points
May 6, 2013
hahhahaha..... if my future spouse gave away or absconded with my rack I would be really pissed off! I'd rather they take the dishes or some clothes I never wear Ana Tine
Joined Dec 7, 2012
66 points
May 6, 2013
I'll trade you for some honest communication skills, it seems like you might be needing those. NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Joined Oct 6, 2011
116 points
Me
Chris I wrote:

All I ever hear is : climbing this, climbing that! None of the house chores get his attention. I have to do it all myself. No slaves live in this house! I had it! I told him many times that an old gizzard like him should stop fooling around with child's toys and grow up!
I got his toys in my hot little hands now!
The Countess of Monterey
Joined May 6, 2013
15 points
May 6, 2013
May be easier to just hold it ransom until he gets a few of his chores complete. CraigS.
Joined Apr 30, 2012
18 points
Ellenor? FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
Joined Nov 19, 2009
130 points
slopey
Sounds like your husband will soon be inquiring about a new wife...? Jeremy Hand
Joined Feb 24, 2012
109 points
slopey
FrankPS wrote:
Ellenor?
Jeremy Hand
Joined Feb 24, 2012
109 points
Jeremy Hand wrote:
Sounds like your husband will soon be inquiring about a new wife...?

Or the authorities might be inquiring about a missing partner..
Avi Katz
Joined Sep 8, 2010
203 points
May 6, 2013
Live to Work not Work to Live.  We Love Our Jobs!!...
I alot of honeydos get done around my house in the Spring, Summer and Fall. It all seems to revolve around my climbing trips. Coincedence? No, but it works great and we both know the deal. Im sure others are the same. I just got back from Boulder this morning but the Wifey got a new bed, the piles of junk on back porch hualed to dump and I powerwashed the casa. All the day before I left. Its a give and take. But my rack, thats a tough one. Christopher Gibson
From Frisco, Texas
Joined Feb 13, 2012
140 points
FrankPS wrote:
Ellenor?

he/she/it LIVES!
chuffnugget
From Bolder, CO
Joined Sep 14, 2011
22 points
May 6, 2013
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "...
David Sahalie wrote:
he/she/it LIVES!

IT.
And when she offered to give someone her husband's "rack" I went somewhere else with that and was going to suggest swingers.com or somewhere for her where guys were looking for that kind of adventure.
Here most are just looking for climbing stuff, and most know ellanor well enough not to be interested in the rest.
Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Joined Jan 1, 2001
23,500 points
May 6, 2013
Has anyone ever divorced over climbing?

Who is this "Ellenor" entity, I gather she was a troll of some sort? Stories!
Ana Tine
Joined Dec 7, 2012
66 points
I actually enjoyed this troll and Chris's response. Logan Schiff
From Brooklyn, NY
Joined Jun 18, 2012
63 points
May 6, 2013
Honey.. is that you? :D robrobrobrob
Joined Oct 23, 2012
10 points
Caprinae monkey wrote:
Who is this "Ellenor" entity, I gather she was a troll of some sort? Stories!

Dude,

Sir Wanksalot
From County Jail
Joined Sep 29, 2011
14 points
robrobrobrob wrote:
Honey.. is that you? :D

Brother, you need to smackthatbithcup!
Sir Wanksalot
From County Jail
Joined Sep 29, 2011
14 points
Sir Wanksalot wrote:
Dude, Elena, Stinky hippy, ELLENOR, mitch, some other crap, and most recently Liberty, was/is the most loved and hated troll on this site. A few years back she was running her mouth to a bunch of Hardmen about how much she knew as a seasoned climber. They attacked as one would expect. She changed her name and started to really piss everyone off. I believe Tony B routinely gets her new alias' banned, but she ALWAYS comes back. It's funny for a minute or two. Especially when things are slow at the old joby job... Like now.

Thanks for the background info. It seems like EricSchmidt was all set to dethrone her until his mysterious disappearance as of late.
Ana Tine
Joined Dec 7, 2012
66 points
Caprinae monkey wrote:

Man, that schmidt guy didn't have scmidt on elena! Too bad her old post's and alias' have been removed cause her antics are way over the top. Like batshit crazy woman style over the top.
Sir Wanksalot
From County Jail
Joined Sep 29, 2011
14 points
May 7, 2013
Me
Caprinae monkey wrote:
Has anyone ever divorced over climbing? Who is this "Ellenor" entity, I gather she was a troll of some sort? Stories!

Ellenor Stone is a legend, an adventurer, a wonderer, an outlaw....arguably voted the most interesting person in the month of April, 2013. And the " most lived through vacariously" via social media person.
P.S. People from Rhode Island, I pity you.....
P.s. I did divorce over climbing, and training in general, money and just my character as a person too, hb #1 ....
No thank you, I dont like women or swingers...happy just the way I am with who I am with....just saying...
Yes, it's gnarly! Goddam it Jesus W. Christ!
The Countess of Monterey
Joined May 6, 2013
15 points
May 7, 2013
The Countess of Monterey wrote:

Although this Countess identity is trying to pass itself off as Ellinor, I'm not buying it. While not the best grammar, it is miles above the incoherent facsimile of English that Ellinor posted. And it has yet to rattle off the three or four straight posts to try to complete half a thought.
Padraig
Joined Jun 2, 2010
77 points
May 7, 2013
At the anchors.
Padraig wrote:

This.
Brigette
From Duvall, WA
Joined Sep 22, 2008
390 points
May 7, 2013
Mathematical!
Sir Wanksalot wrote:
Brother, you need to smackthatbithcup!

What's a bith cup?
Finn the Human
From The Land of Ooo
Joined Jul 11, 2008
123 points
May 7, 2013
"Has anyone ever divorced over climbing?"

While climbing wasn't the only factor it certainly contributed to my getting divorced.

Buying new gear got to be ridiculous when I think about it now. I resorted to hiding shit in my closet or truck, hell I caught flack for buying a new pair of running shoes when the old ones wore out. On this one trip to Indian Creek while I was sorting gear for the day one of my buddies, thinking it would be funny, decided to instigate an argument between her and I by saying, "Hey are these NEW cams, when did you get them?" Her head spun around so fast and the glare in her eyes could have melted metal. She was pissed the rest of the weekend, I never heard the end of it either.

Anyway, yeah when we finally split up I would say climbing definitely contributed to our demise.

back to the countess
Peter D.
Joined Jul 30, 2010
25 points
May 7, 2013
Sir Wanksalot, don't bring me into this bro. Countess, if you don't want your man out climbin' all the time, put on some little nightie, and prance around a little. mitchy
From nunya gotdamn business.
Joined Aug 29, 2009
16 points

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>
Beyond the Guidebook:
The Definitive Climbing Resource
Inspiration & Motivation
to Fuel Your Run
Next Generation Mountain
Bike Trail Maps
Backcountry, Sidecountry
& Secret Stashes
Better Data. Better Tools.
Better Hikes!