free hanging rings like Metolius rock rings?

By sle
From New York, New York
Apr 9, 2013
I want to install these free-hanging thingies at home so I can run through a quick 1/2 hour strength routine in the mornings before work. What are my options besides Metolius, preferably wooden?

By Garrett R.
From Colorado
Apr 9, 2013
lmgtfy.com/?q=+wooden+gymnasti...

By sle
From New York, New York
Apr 9, 2013
Very funny, thank you. I am looking for climbing specific products, something with edges and pockets. In fact, I am hoping for more diversity in terms of holds and pockets, not less :) So far I've only found Metolous and Crusher, both make similar products (Crusher appears better but is not sold in the US).

By Jaime M
From Chattanooga, TN
Apr 9, 2013
Much love for the rock
Check out the Gripster or the G string

By Brian Hudson
From Lenoir, NC
Apr 9, 2013
Valor Over Discretion (5.8), RRG
G strings are awesome.

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
Apr 9, 2013
El Chorro
Crusher make at least two types of free hanging finger boards. The Orb and the Wedge are both listed in the link.

FWIW, I went on a climbing road trip in California a few years ago, and for the six weeks prior to the trip, I was working in a job and location that kept me from climbing anything. I used a mix of running and body weight strength training to stay in shape. The Metolius Rock Rings were key to being able to climb hard after six weeks of zero climbing. They are great if you are not climbing regularly, because they are very textured and help you keep your skin thick.

If you are climbing regularly, wood is better. We have a few crusher boards at my gym and they are great. I think our campus rungs are also Crusher. Excellent stuff.

By Gif Zafred
From Pittsburgh, PA
Apr 9, 2013
Gif on Bimbo Shrine, Kaymoor
For wood, you may be limited to Metolius and Crusher as suggested. Perhaps make your own? For plastic, there will be a lot more options.

By Greg Kimble
From Colorado
Apr 9, 2013
Skip the wood, +1 for the G String.