Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
fraud alert! paid for cams that were traded to someone else
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 4 of 5.  <<First   <Prev   2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By Glenn Schuler
From Monument, Co.
Feb 13, 2013
A grey fox skull wedged in a crack 100' up on a FA I was working on - don't see that every day...
Tony B wrote:
Does it matter?


Probably not. I'd think infamous Ken is effectively blackballed after all this. At least by anyone following this thread. The fact that he hasn't chimed in with his side of the story says a lot. There's always two sides to every story....

FLAG
By mcp
From tallahassee
Feb 13, 2013
jake, there are degrees tooo dyslexia, some people never over come it. i would not worry about the dick police, they have their hands full. no pun intended

FLAG
By Cindy Mitchell
Feb 13, 2013
Racking up for the 3rd pitch of Ruper
Thanks, Tim Stich for searching out and reporting the usernames this crook uses (yes, he is a crook, IMHO). Hopefully, others will avoid business with Ken. Especially as there are now 2 instances of transactions gone bad with Ken (Josh Janes and mcp).

MCP, glad you recovered your $$$$. Don't let the spelling/grammar police get you down. Dyslectic people are often brilliant in other ways.

FLAG
By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Feb 13, 2013
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.
No more of this bullshit on sales on Mountain Project, m'kay?

FLAG
By ellingwood
From Bailey, Colorado
Feb 13, 2013
Paul-B wrote:
WHOA! Ellingwood, chill the fuck out. I don't really feel the need to respond to your silly post. I kind of feel like critiquing your spelling of "colledge," "inteligent," "sombody," "some ones," and "grammer," and your use of "your" instead of "you're," but I won't. Your post was very presumptuous and hateful. My post was quite helpful, at the end I suggested he proofread. I suggest you do the same. Oh and to instead of too. Probably a lot more jewels in there.

I would bet big bucks your a liberal, but just a condescending lil prick who has the need to slam people

FLAG
By Boissal
From Small Lake, UT
Feb 13, 2013
ellingwood wrote:
I would bet big bucks your a liberal, but just a condescending lil prick who has the need to slam people

You're a liberal. Take that political cock out of your mouth and knock yourself out with it please.

FLAG
By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Feb 13, 2013
The Cathedral Spires in RMNP, left to right: Stiletto, Sharkstooth, Forbidden Tower, Petit Grepon, The Saber, The Foil, The Moon & The Jackknife.
Boissal wrote:
Take that political cock out of your mouth and knock yourself out with it please.


Best one-liner post of the month.

I have a good friend that is extremely dyslexic. To the point that his family won a lawsuit in NYC saying that they weren't providing him with an equal/adequate education compared to his classmates. The city paid for him to go to a boarding school for dyslexics. He is now, 15 years later, very successful in his career.

If you find someone's post to be too "painful" to read, then don't read it. That seems pretty elementary to me.

To try to equate someone's political disposition to his pet peeves is asinine at best.

Also, ellingwood's post doesn't actually make sense with the "but" in the middle. I'm assuming he meant this:
ellingwood wrote:
I would bet big bucks your a liberal, and [..] a condescending lil prick who has the need to slam people

Or maybe this:
ellingwood wrote:
I wouldn't bet big bucks your a liberal, but just a condescending lil prick who has the need to slam people


Proofreading certainly goes a long way to help others understand what you actually mean. Misspelled words are usually pretty easy to get around.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad you got your money back, M.C. Pizzle.

FLAG
By ellingwood
From Bailey, Colorado
Feb 13, 2013
Jake Jones wrote:
How about being too lazy to spell what is probably your goddamned native language correctly. You know, the one that you've probably been speaking and writing for the better part of two decades or more? I know, I know, twenty years of doing something every single day constantly while you're conscious is hardly enough time to master it. However, it's still not unreasonable at all to expect adults to spell words correctly. But hey, if you don't mind looking like your parents are siblings, maintain your current level of idiocy. There was nothing wrong with Paul's post. There is plenty wrong with yours. Oh, and I'm glad your situation got resolved mcp. Learn a lesson from this.

Oh my you are so articulate........Just another lil turd who likes to hear himself ramble on an on and on

FLAG
 
By matt davies
Feb 13, 2013
ellingwood wrote:
Oh my you are so articulate........Just another lil turd who likes to hear himself ramble on an on and on

Articulate yes, but also as pithy as diminutive, auditorily reflexive egesta gets.

FLAG
By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Feb 13, 2013
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "Alan Nelson's Bulging Belly" (5.10, X) on the Lost and Found Flatiron. Belayer is Mark Ruocco. Photo by Bill Wright, 10/06.
Weird, I thought that there was a thief at hand here... and you guys are fighting over spelling errors.
Well, let me share this fact: In each and every modern adult-scale IQ test the correct interpretation of distorted language is one measure of intelligence. WJ, WAIS, Stanford Binet, yes, all of them.
And the underlying point here is that smart people can figure it out either way. If you can't figure it out then maybe you shouldn't be making comments to anyone about their intelligence.
'Nuff said.

FLAG
By matt davies
Feb 13, 2013

FLAG
By Paul-B
Feb 13, 2013
Flakes of Wrath
Tony B wrote:
Weird, I thought that there was a thief at hand here... and you guys are fighting over spelling errors. Well, let me share this fact: In each and every modern adult-scale IQ test the correct interpretation of distorted language is one measure of intelligence. WJ, WAIS, Stanford Binet, yes, all of them. And the underlying point here is that smart people can figure it out either way. If you can't figure it out then maybe you shouldn't be making comments to anyone about their intelligence. 'Nuff said.


Hmmm... well first, I don't think anyone said they could not read mcp or ellingwood's post, I just suggested they proofread. I said it was painful to read, and it is. I also never questioned anyone's intelligence.

Second, your logic is pretty flawed. You are equating interpreting gibberish to creating gibberish. While interpreting distorted language may be a measure of IQ (one every single person you are directing your post at obviously passed, since they responded to the poster), admitting that you could not read it does not mean you are on the same IQ level as the person that wrote it, as you insinuated. Every third grader could use the same logic to tell their teacher they were simply not smart enough to understand their paper.

Last, I don't think it is unfair ask people to proofread their post. Seriously, read Ellingwood's posts... for example:

"I would bet big bucks your a liberal, but just a condescending lil prick who has the need to slam people,"

the first an second part of that obnoxious sentence contradict each other. You can't tell me you are going to take someone seriously who can't be bothered to write at even a 4th grade level.

My original post to mcp was an honest attempt to be helpful, I wrote 2 paragraphs of advice, and two sentences asking for proofreading. Typical MP.

FLAG
By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Feb 14, 2013
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "Alan Nelson's Bulging Belly" (5.10, X) on the Lost and Found Flatiron. Belayer is Mark Ruocco. Photo by Bill Wright, 10/06.
Paul-B wrote:
You can't tell me you are going to take someone seriously who can't be bothered to write at even a 4th grade level.

If that is how you choose to read my post rather than as a generic response to net spelling/grammar police, I can't help you understand it better. As for a response to your question though... It is the net, and I take very very few people seriously. Frauds and thieves get more attention than people with bad grammar.

FLAG
By Paul-B
Feb 14, 2013
Flakes of Wrath
Tony B wrote:
Frauds and thieves get more attention than people with bad grammar.

Yep, that's why I had two long posts aimed at helping the OP, only 2 sentences asking the OP for proofreading. You have spent almost all of your time on this forum playing "grammar police" police. Seems to me you are part of the problem you are supposedly trying to solve.

You are running around this forum arguing about something off topic, while telling people to quit arguing about off topic subjects. I am done indulging you.

FLAG
By Kenny Thompson
From woodfords, california
Feb 14, 2013
gorge
grammar
grammar

FLAG
By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Feb 14, 2013
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "Alan Nelson's Bulging Belly" (5.10, X) on the Lost and Found Flatiron. Belayer is Mark Ruocco. Photo by Bill Wright, 10/06.
Paul-B wrote:
You have spent almost all of your time on this forum playing "grammar police" police.

Actually, that would be 0. You may be great at grammar, but are bad at math. I poked fun at grammar police, but I don't recall being one. It is inconsistent with my grammar. Same goes for spelling.

Paul-B wrote:
You are running around this forum arguing about something off topic, while telling people to quit arguing about off topic subjects. I am done indulging you.

Really?!?!? Can you show me some place in my post, by quoting it, that I told someone to stop doing something?
I am beginning to think your comprehension score might be as low as your math.

Paul-B wrote:
I am done indulging you.

You mean yourself? Great! ...but wrong pronoun.

FLAG
 
By Paul-B
Feb 14, 2013
Flakes of Wrath
Perhaps you should reread that statement of mine you are quoting. I said you were being "grammar police" police. I was saying you are attempting to police the "grammar police." Should your comprehension be questioned?

Tony B wrote:
Really?!?!? Can you show me some place in my post, by quoting it, that I told someone to stop doing something? .


All of your posts besides the first one were intended to tell people to stop critiquing grammar, you did not use the word "stop," but you are being silly if you are trying to deny that that is the case.

Tony B wrote:
I am beginning to think your comprehension score might be as low as your math.


Again, you are here critiquing people for challenging grammar while throwing around insults about comprehension and math....do you really not see that you are doing exactly what you are insulting others for?

FLAG
By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Feb 14, 2013
Bocan
Wow...got some bickering going on here.

Dude got his money, let's go back to arguing about what the difference between an onsite and a redopoint is, and whether or not sport climbing is neither.

FLAG
By Paul-B
Feb 14, 2013
Flakes of Wrath
Scott McMahon wrote:
Wow...got some bickering going on here. Dude got his money, let's go back to arguing about what the difference between an onsite and a redopoint is, and whether or not sport climbing is neither.



I can agree with that. Apologies for my part in egging this on. I am argumentative at heart. MP is a dangerous place...

FLAG
By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Feb 14, 2013
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "Alan Nelson's Bulging Belly" (5.10, X) on the Lost and Found Flatiron. Belayer is Mark Ruocco. Photo by Bill Wright, 10/06.
Paul-B wrote:
Perhaps you should reread that statement of mine you are quoting. I said you were being "grammar police" police. I was saying you are attempting to police the "grammar police." Should your comprehension be questioned? All of your posts besides the first one were intended to tell people to stop critiquing grammar, you did not use the word "stop," but you are being silly if you are trying to deny that that is the case. Again, you are here critiquing people for challenging grammar while throwing around insults about comprehension and math....do you really not see that you are doing exactly what you are insulting others for?

You still don't get it. I never said who can or can't post what. I do however make fun of grammar/spelling police in a world where people type texts in shorthand on 2" screens.

Yet your misreading of my intention continues.
What kind of arrogant jerk do you have to be to tell me what MY intent is? (That is not a rhetorical question, so feel free to answer it.)

I'm not insulting others. Just you. Because you have it coming.
Maybe go post something about girl pics on MP.com on another thread and get into a fight over there with all the girls... Oh, wait I see you've already done that.

FLAG
By Paul-B
Feb 14, 2013
Flakes of Wrath
Tony B wrote:
I'm not insulting others. Just you. Because you have it coming. Maybe go post something about girl pics on MP.com on another thread and get into a fight over there with all the girls... Oh, wait I see you've already done that.


What? I think you are trying to insult me for arguing about silly things, while you, yourself, are arguing about silly things. Chill out. Lets try to adhere to Scott's suggestion.

I already admitted to being prone to arguing about silly things (don't get me wrong, I think i'm right, but you think you're right, and this is going nowhere), but you apparently are also.

FLAG
By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Feb 14, 2013
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "Alan Nelson's Bulging Belly" (5.10, X) on the Lost and Found Flatiron. Belayer is Mark Ruocco. Photo by Bill Wright, 10/06.
Paul-B wrote:
What? I think you are trying to insult me for arguing about silly things, while you yourself are arguing about silly things. Chill out. Lets try to adhere to Scott's suggestion. I already admitted to being prone to arguing about silly things (don't get me wrong, I think i'm right, but you think you're right, and this is going nowhere), but you apparently are also.


Paul, I didn't say I was not trying to insult you. I said I was not trying to insult OTHERS. I specifically said I was trying to insult specifically you.

Maybe you shouldn't try so hard to interpret me as a person based on a few lines of text. A majority of your suppositions have been incorrect. IE I didn't say you can't be grammar police. I just questioned what you think is important. IE: I didn't say I wasn't insulting you, I said I was deliberate about doing so. IE: I an not the least bit upset with you, even now. I just think you are being dramatic. There are people I do NOT like on the forum... and they know it. I really don't know you.

Yes, it is silly. And I can't be more chill than I am. I'm not the least bit worked up. I find you funny, frankly.

And I am willing to be silly when people tell me what my intent is and when they misread what I say. I'm also willing to allow people who say they hate reading such a post read it.
And I'm willing to let a person who claims, 3 posts ago, to be 'done indulging me' (as a 'last word') continue to make a fool of himself by posting 3 more times. You can go for 4 if you like. I'm not saying you shouldn't.

PS - if you want to know what my part in all of this is, PM the guy and ask what happened right before he got his money back and how he thinks that might have happened.

PPS - One of these days you should meet Scott and I for a beer at the DH and we'll talk about climbing. And how Feb's weather, so far, has kinda sucked.

FLAG
By Boissal
From Small Lake, UT
Feb 14, 2013
Tony B wrote:
PS - if you want to know what my part in all of this is, PM the guy and ask what happened right before he got his money back and how he thinks that might have happened.

Spray.

FLAG
By Paul-B
Feb 14, 2013
Flakes of Wrath
Tony B wrote:
Paul, I didn't say I was not trying to insult you. I said I was not trying to insult OTHERS. I specifically said I was trying to insult specifically you. Maybe you shouldn't try so hard to interpret me as a person based on a few lines of text. A majority of your suppositions have been incorrect. IE I didn't say you can't be grammar police. I just questioned what you think is important. IE: I didn't say I wasn't insulting you, I said I was deliberate about doing so. IE: I an not the least bit upset with you, even now. I just think you are being dramatic. There are people I do NOT like on the forum... and they know it. I really don't know you. Yes, it is silly. And I can't be more chill than I am. I'm not the least bit worked up. I find you funny, frankly. And I am willing to be silly when people tell me what my intent is and when they misread what I say. I'm also willing to allow people who say they hate reading such a post read it. And I'm willing to let a person who claims, 3 posts ago, to be 'done indulging me' (as a 'last word') continue to make a fool of himself by posting 3 more times. You can go for 4 if you like. I'm not saying you shouldn't. PS - if you want to know what my part in all of this is, PM the guy and ask what happened right before he got his money back and how he thinks that might have happened.



Paul-B wrote:
Chill out. Lets try to adhere to Scott's suggestion.



Also, I am confused...I was aware you were trying to insult me. You made that exceedingly clear.

FLAG
 
By Paul-B
Feb 14, 2013
Flakes of Wrath
Tony B wrote:
PPS - One of these days you should meet Scott and I for a beer at the DH and we'll talk about climbing. And how Feb's weather, so far, has kinda sucked.


This I could do

FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 4 of 5.  <<First   <Prev   2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>