Found Cam? Indian Creek Thanksgiving Week 2012

By ShaneGlazier
Nov 26, 2012

I ended up with what I believe is an extra Black Diamond Camalot on my rack... Oddly enough, it is marked exactly the same way my gear is marked (color and everything!) All my friends believe that it is my gear and that I forgot how many of this size I have, but I'm pretty dang sure that I ended up with 1 extra... So to avoid feeling guilty and aquiring negative sending Karma, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try... To claim this gear I require that you:

1. List the size of the Camalot.
2. List the brand of biner that it is attached to.
3. List the method that it is marked.
4. List the crags you visited that week.
If I don't respond please message me on Facebook: Shane Glazier

By michael broad
From Moab, Utah
Nov 26, 2012

Hey Shane (if you're the Shane I think you are),
This is Mike, Lisas's friend that lost the TC Pro on half dome. I'm missing a BD .3, I thought it might've gone missing that day when Chuck was trying to get a different .3 out of ruby's cafe. Anyways, it would be marked with green nail polish. I hope...

By ShaneGlazier
Nov 27, 2012

I'm sorry Michael but I didn't end up with an extra .3 camalot (and it was marked differently)... I was thrown through a loop because I was climbing with my buddy Chuck (which has been to Yosemite fairly recently) when I came across the extra gear... I'm not really sure who Lisa is plus I don't quite remember meeting you and I was climbing at Indian Creek (not Yosemite) when I came across the extra cam... I hope you find your gear...

By slim
Nov 27, 2012
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

ironically, we also lost a .3 camalot (old style without thumb loop) and probably had a wiregate of some type. My wife's pack had a big hole in bottom and maybe it fell out. probably at the wall (near dancing queen), or maybe sinbad wall (near the big o), or maybe cactus flower buttress (near neutron or bar exam), or maybe donnely canyon near the ansaid tower.

bummed - that old .3 is a good size.

By mbynum
Nov 27, 2012

Shane,

It's not a VERY new .75 with yellow electrical tape is it?
The biner would be a BD wiregate of a blue or orange color, with similar marking. I visited the pistol whipped wall, THE wall, and battle of the bulge last week. I lost a .75, so i thought i'd try!

Thanks
Matt

By ShaneGlazier
Nov 27, 2012

I'm sorry Matt but it isn't .75 and it is marked differently... Good luck on finding your gear... Slim, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your .3 Camalot. I have all of the old style BD Cams with out the thumb loop and I treat my .3 and 3.5 like gold, it would be a damn shame to lose them...

By Shelton Hatfield
From Austin, Texas
Nov 27, 2012
Photo by Damien

I had an old .3 and loved it as well... Until I whipped on it and bent the axels :(

By ShaneGlazier
Nov 27, 2012

Hey what's up Shelton? Long time no see... ;)

By Montezuma
Nov 27, 2012
Third trad Route in KS.

If its old and HB Wales it's mine Shane. You should have just called. Lol

By kirkadirka
From Boulder
Nov 27, 2012
turkey rocks

Was it Colonel Mustard, in the Libray, with the Candlestick?

By ShaneGlazier
Nov 28, 2012

It's Black Diamond Monte... And no it wasn't Colonel Mustard, it was Mrs. Peacock, and it happened in the ball room with an AK-47... :)

By nicelegs
From Denver
Nov 28, 2012

I haven't even opened my bag yet but I'll play. If it's mine, it would have red paint from a paint pen on it. Most likely sizes would be from .5 to .75. Optimator or Way Rambo, the biner could be anything but has a larger possibility of being a superfly or nuetrino.

I haven't looked and inventoried yet but I don't think I'm missing anything. Of it looks like shit, it might be mine.

By jakobi
From moab, utah
Nov 30, 2012
Southern Utah high country, summer 2012.

.4 Bd camalot w/ orange/white/green tape, cat wall?

By ShaneGlazier
Nov 30, 2012

Nope... Never went to Cat Wall, Markings and Size of Cam aren't consistent with your lost gear... Sorry