|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||36.49795, -121.2038 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Aron Quiter, andy patterson, M.Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||Keebler on Nov 6, 2003|
|Emergency Closure Announced - Resurrection Wall MORE INFO >>>|
|Ice climbing google group reminder||Rich zz||15 hours ago|
|re: Suggestions for Yosemite sport climbs for a day trip||SamandHam||22 hours ago|
|re: Bishop - Mammoth scramble routes Thanksgiving?||kenr||1 day ago|
|re: Partner for Bishop over Thanksgiving (Most anything goes for me)||Matt Haig||1 day ago|
|Mammoth area partner 11-27 thru 11-29||AK123||2 days ago|
|Ride share to Bishop friday november 28th||Carole Da Cruz||3 days ago|
|hey anyone in san luis obispo wanting to sport or toprope climb this friday?||carlos antunez||3 days ago|
|re: looking for a climbing partner near mammoth lakes||jakechevrier||3 days ago|
|Comments on Flumes Formation||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
From: San Jose, CA
Dec 12, 2010
According to Brad Young's excellent guidebook , there are five parts of this formation with established routes. Here are approach instructions to the NE side :
1. From the westside parking lot, take the Balconies Trail (NOT the North Wilderness Trail), from the far end of the Chaparral picnic area.
2. Turn left at the junction with the Juniper Canyon trail.
3. Cross about five footbridges. At the 'climber access' sign for the Destiny Wall ('Destiny' is another name for Dos Equis, 5.8 R), turn left and cross another footbridge.
4. Go straight, uphill towards the Balconies (turning right will take you to the Balconies Caves, Chockstone Dome, etc). There will be a few switchbacks on this trail.
5. At another climber access sign for Tilting Terrace, turn left and follow a climber's trail to the NE side of the Flumes.