|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||36.49795, -121.2038 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Aron Quiter, andy patterson, M.Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||Keebler on Nov 6, 2003|
|Emergency Closure Announced - Resurrection Wall MORE INFO >>>|
|re: Climbing around San Francisco | Thanksgiving | Need advice||kevin deweese||6 hours ago|
|re: looking for bay area partner this weekend or any time in the future- rock or ice||Kukko||7 hours ago|
|Mount St. Helena wet??||Wade Hall||19 hours ago|
|re: looking for a climbing partner near mammoth lakes||Kung Phu Panda||22 hours ago|
|Rainy saturday partner PG SF or SV||NateGfunk||2 days ago|
|re: Looking for partners for beginners mountaineering/cimbing Yosemite Dec 28-Jan03||John Buchenauer||2 days ago|
|re: Conditions, camping and crowds in Bishop.||Jeff Gicklhorn||3 days ago|
|re: Two Brits looking for a ride to Yosemite (or near to) from Bishop?||Jeff Gicklhorn||3 days ago|
|Comments on Flumes Formation||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
From: San Jose, CA
Dec 12, 2010
According to Brad Young's excellent guidebook , there are five parts of this formation with established routes. Here are approach instructions to the NE side :
1. From the westside parking lot, take the Balconies Trail (NOT the North Wilderness Trail), from the far end of the Chaparral picnic area.
2. Turn left at the junction with the Juniper Canyon trail.
3. Cross about five footbridges. At the 'climber access' sign for the Destiny Wall ('Destiny' is another name for Dos Equis, 5.8 R), turn left and cross another footbridge.
4. Go straight, uphill towards the Balconies (turning right will take you to the Balconies Caves, Chockstone Dome, etc). There will be a few switchbacks on this trail.
5. At another climber access sign for Tilting Terrace, turn left and follow a climber's trail to the NE side of the Flumes.