|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||36.49795, -121.2038 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Aron Quiter, andy patterson, M.Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||Keebler on Nov 6, 2003|
|Emergency Closure Announced - Resurrection Wall MORE INFO >>>|
|bishop 24-26. need a partner||JaredV||1 hour ago|
|re: Black Wall at Donner SUmmit for sale||Tronald Dump||2 hours ago|
|re: Zebra Wall beta??||Eivind||6 hours ago|
|re: Via Aqua Yosemite Falls||kevin deweese||20 hours ago|
|re: Partner for Bishop (and maybe vegas during late december)||Matt Haig||1 day ago|
|re: planet granite san francisco||jeb013||1 day ago|
|re: Tuolumne for the first time with gf.||Ahmed IbnHabibjan||1 day ago|
|re: Partner for Valley classics mid to late October||Howard.||2 days ago|
|Comments on Flumes Formation||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
From: San Jose, CA
Dec 12, 2010
According to Brad Young's excellent guidebook , there are five parts of this formation with established routes. Here are approach instructions to the NE side :
1. From the westside parking lot, take the Balconies Trail (NOT the North Wilderness Trail), from the far end of the Chaparral picnic area.
2. Turn left at the junction with the Juniper Canyon trail.
3. Cross about five footbridges. At the 'climber access' sign for the Destiny Wall ('Destiny' is another name for Dos Equis, 5.8 R), turn left and cross another footbridge.
4. Go straight, uphill towards the Balconies (turning right will take you to the Balconies Caves, Chockstone Dome, etc). There will be a few switchbacks on this trail.
5. At another climber access sign for Tilting Terrace, turn left and follow a climber's trail to the NE side of the Flumes.