|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||36.49795, -121.2038 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Aron Quiter, andy patterson, M.Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Kristine Hoffman|
|Submitted By:||Keebler on Nov 6, 2003|
|Emergency Closure Announced - Resurrection Wall MORE INFO >>>|
|ASAP! The incredible hulk TOPOs wanted!||Caitlin Mac||moments ago|
|re: Climbing partner Yosemite, aug/sept 2014||whitarnold137||7 hours ago|
|re: Looking for partner starting October 1 for Bishop Area or Yosemite||whitarnold137||17 hours ago|
|re: bolts chopped maliciously||Zappatista||1 day ago|
|re: Dirtbag from NC seeking partners and community in the valley||whitarnold137||2 days ago|
|re: Sierra Scrambles||kenr||2 days ago|
|Climbing partner Trinity Aretes||Jasna||2 days ago|
|re: Climbing partner for Tuolumne this weekend||mac.mcconnell||3 days ago|
|Comments on Flumes Formation||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
From: San Jose, CA
Dec 12, 2010
According to Brad Young's excellent guidebook , there are five parts of this formation with established routes. Here are approach instructions to the NE side :
1. From the westside parking lot, take the Balconies Trail (NOT the North Wilderness Trail), from the far end of the Chaparral picnic area.
2. Turn left at the junction with the Juniper Canyon trail.
3. Cross about five footbridges. At the 'climber access' sign for the Destiny Wall ('Destiny' is another name for Dos Equis, 5.8 R), turn left and cross another footbridge.
4. Go straight, uphill towards the Balconies (turning right will take you to the Balconies Caves, Chockstone Dome, etc). There will be a few switchbacks on this trail.
5. At another climber access sign for Tilting Terrace, turn left and follow a climber's trail to the NE side of the Flumes.