|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||36.49795, -121.2038 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Aron Quiter, andy patterson, M.Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||Keebler on Nov 6, 2003|
|Emergency Closure Announced - Resurrection Wall MORE INFO >>>|
|Looking for outdoor climbing partners!||Eileen T||13 hours ago|
|re: Partners in the Bay Area or Yosemite May 1-5||Alexander Parrish||15 hours ago|
|Areas to practice taking lead falls and pendulum falls near SF||Spidey Rocks||17 hours ago|
|re: Experience driving on Hwy 50 westbound toward I-5?||FrankPS||17 hours ago|
|re: Good sport climbing near Phantom Spires||Matt Collins||17 hours ago|
|re: list of best single pitch (or 2 pitch) overhanging splitter finger cracks?||Eric Chabot||18 hours ago|
|re: Berkeley - Indian Rock / Mortar Rock / Cragmont Park||Roman Sergeev||23 hours ago|
|re: Mt. Whitney Conditions||FrankPS||1 day ago|
|Comments on Flumes Formation||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
From: San Jose, CA
Dec 12, 2010
According to Brad Young's excellent guidebook , there are five parts of this formation with established routes. Here are approach instructions to the NE side :
1. From the westside parking lot, take the Balconies Trail (NOT the North Wilderness Trail), from the far end of the Chaparral picnic area.
2. Turn left at the junction with the Juniper Canyon trail.
3. Cross about five footbridges. At the 'climber access' sign for the Destiny Wall ('Destiny' is another name for Dos Equis, 5.8 R), turn left and cross another footbridge.
4. Go straight, uphill towards the Balconies (turning right will take you to the Balconies Caves, Chockstone Dome, etc). There will be a few switchbacks on this trail.
5. At another climber access sign for Tilting Terrace, turn left and follow a climber's trail to the NE side of the Flumes.
Beyond the Guidebook:
The Definitive Climbing Resource
Inspiration & Motivation
to Fuel Your Run
Next Generation Mountain
Bike Trail Maps
and Secret Stashes
Better Data. Better Tools.