Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Favorite/helpful Sayings
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 3 of 4.  <<First   <Prev   1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By Steven Groetken
From Durango, CO
Mar 1, 2013
On top of Hitchcock Pinnacle.
Climbing is 90% style, 10% inebriation and 10% climbing. Always give it 110 percent.

FLAG
By Eric Wydeven
From austin, tx
Mar 1, 2013
Just breathe.

FLAG
By Eric Wydeven
From austin, tx
Mar 1, 2013
Mind your top knot hails from Indian days on the frontier when scalping was prominent: watch your hair. Go watch Jeremiah Jonston.

FLAG
By pooler
From Albany, NY
Mar 2, 2013
Just thought of another one

I spent 80% of my money on booze and woman,but I wasted the other 20%

I think it's hemmingway but don't hold me to it, could be mark twain too

FLAG
By Superclimber
Mar 2, 2013
Tom Howes wrote:
serenity now!

"Serenity now, insanity later."

FLAG
By CornCob
From Omaha, NE
Mar 4, 2013
When I first started climbing the local gym owner told me:
"Quiet feet build technique."
I think of that every time I hear someone kicking and dragging their feet up the wall.

FLAG
By Superclimber
Mar 4, 2013
CornCob wrote:
When I first started climbing the local gym owner told me: "Quiet feet build technique." I think of that every time I hear someone kicking and dragging their feet up the wall.

Hmm…I think I might borrow that one.

FLAG
By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Mar 4, 2013
Stabby
You Deserve What You Accept

FLAG
 
By Dylan Dwyer
From Missouri
Mar 4, 2013
after OS soloing the first flat iron, direct route
"Nothing bad happens if you don't fall"

FLAG
By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Mar 4, 2013
dream canyon fun!
HOLD !!!!! HOLD!!!!

FLAG
By erik kapec
From prescott, az
Mar 4, 2013
enjoying the static, grappel and a smoke on Dana.....
Neither are actually mine but,

If you get scared think of boobies...and

You can't fall if you don't let go.

FLAG
By The Stoned Master
Administrator
From Pennsylvania
Mar 4, 2013
Day Lily.
If this was said I apologize, I havent seen every post.

Helpful (as a last resort forecast indicator) weather saying:
Red in the morning sailor take warning, red at night sailor delight.

FLAG
By The Stoned Master
Administrator
From Pennsylvania
Mar 4, 2013
Day Lily.
Not really a saying but a helpful reminder/technique (to master, learn, and/or get past a problem):

When stuck on a problem or not able to move into the next difficulty (examples) I remind myself:
The "law" of reverse effect. You ever play a video game, couldn't beat a certain boss or level, you were frustrated and stopped playing. You come back to the game the next day and beat the boss or level. How come now? The law of reverse effect says:
Sometimes to do something you have to stop doing it, sometimes to stop doing something you have do it (totally, dissovle yourself into it). Its not a law but I tend to always do better when I've taken a break and then go back and try again.

FLAG
By will smith
From boulder
Mar 4, 2013
Never LAYBACK when you can JAM,
Never JAM when you can STEM

In the old days it
rule # 1 don't fall
rule # 2 don't layback
or you might break rule # 1.

FLAG
By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Mar 4, 2013
...
"Yer GONNA die!!!"

and of course my business logo:

"Spread your legs and trust the rubber!"




positiveresoles.com

;-)

FLAG
By ccerling
From Boulder, CO
Mar 4, 2013
me
"always keep two pieces between you and the hospital"

FLAG
 
By BrianD
From Park City, UT
Mar 4, 2013
Mt. Baker North Ridge
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

FLAG
By Kirk B.
From Boise, ID
Mar 4, 2013
belay slaving on some route I forgot the name of w...
"Take!".
C'mon, you know it's true. I hear it alla time.

FLAG
By frankstoneline
Mar 4, 2013
Decoy wrote:
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

FLAG
By Stephen Ackley
From Richmond, Virginia
Mar 4, 2013
"Breath through the adversity" -- shitty yoga instructor. class sucked but i liked the mantra

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield" -- some dude on MP. my new favorite for training

FLAG
By Jeff Thilking
From Lynchburg, VA
Mar 4, 2013
Rap
Leeroy Jenkins...

FLAG
By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Mar 4, 2013
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after...
Don't shit where you eat.

FLAG
By Mic Fairchild
From Boulder
Mar 4, 2013
personal photo
Don't slap rude and sail, if you're shaky at the grade.

FLAG
By Superclimber
Mar 4, 2013
Decoy wrote:
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

That's a skydiving saying, you stole it;)

FLAG
 
By Superclimber
Mar 4, 2013
Jake Jones wrote:
Don't shit where you eat.

Or p in the shower

FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 3 of 4.  <<First   <Prev   1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>