Favorite Move or Sequence on a Climb
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By William Domhart
From Ventucky, CA
Traverse by HWY 41 Cave

The step-around on Left (or Right, I forget) Ski Track (Tahquitz) was an awesome, exposed move.
Also, the exposed hand-foot match and mantle on the crux of Holy Moley (New Jack City) was rad. Good, butt puckering move!

By JohnWesely
From Red River Gorge
Gunking

Crux sequence over the Mummy Roof on Yellow Wall at the Gunks.

By Austin Baird
From SLC, Utah
Jan 25, 2013
Me scaring years off my mom's life

Second pitch of Living on the Edge (Snow Canyon in Saint George) - you have to reach around a bulge to a blind jug and then pull out into big exposure over an arch.

By John Keller
Jan 25, 2013

Mantle moves are the ones that always get me. Two come to mind. The last pitch on South Sixshooter in Indian Creek. The pro below the move is pretty far away and the move is all balance with a solid smooth wall in your face with no holds at all as you're trying to trying to stand up without pitching off backwards. The other is on the first pitch of Hair City on the Bastille in Eldo. Same thing, just harder.

By Zappatista
Book me, officer.

I get so tired of hearing about this climb, but what the hell:

the crux on Straight Shooter. Memorable.

This is because I had to sit thru more spray about this route last night, surprisingly enough.

Also, the look-down "holy shit where are the feet!" experience on the Nose of Looking Glass Rock moments. Looks like a pane of glass under you, completely blank.

By Andy Novak
From Golden, Co
Living the High Life.

The famous step onto the Upper Exum ridge from Wallstreet on the Grand comes to mind, as does the namesake move on Commitment, 5 Open Books, Yosemite. Both moves require total commitment and lots of exposure.

By S.Stelli
From Colorado Springs, CO

Stepping out of the "mouth" on Monkey Face Spire comes to mind

I'll probably never forget that.

By robrobrobrob
Jan 25, 2013

the flake on CCK Direct at the Gunks jumped to mind immediately. I am not sure why.

By Clayton Knudson
From El Portal, CA
Jan 25, 2013

The step around into the chimney on Eichorn Pinnacle from the Cathedral link up is probably the most memorable easy move ever. +1 for the move on commitment, that was my second ever trad lead and i'll never forget that one. The section of orange rock on the Higher Cathedral Spire regular route is pretty amazing as well. I remember rapping back down that pitch so my friend could lead it as well. The swing around to invert (if you choose to) on Big Bob's Big Wedge is pretty amazing. Wow this instantly turned into a paragraph.

By sanz
From Raleigh, NC
Jan 25, 2013
One of my first trad leads, on Ooga Chocka at Crowder's Mountain.

Bullet the New Sky at NRG. After the crux, there's a sequence of maybe 10 or 15 moves that is just too perfect to be true.

By Shelton Hatfield
From Austin, Texas
Photo by Damien

The relatively easy move pulling a big roof at the top of the crux pitch on Polaris in Squamish was incredible. You reach around the roof blind, find jugs, cut feet and throw a heel up with 1000 feet of serious exposure beneath you. The setting in North Gully is spectacular.

By Stephen Ackley
From Richmond, Virginia
Jan 25, 2013

Stepping off the first belay ledge of plesant overhangs, Seneca rocks West Virginia makes for a memorable pitch

By Eric Engberg
Jan 25, 2013

Pulling around the corner on High-E.

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Any layback moves followed by lunge to a jug,,,and a wonderful finger jam crack to finish..

By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
dream canyon fun!

Sinestra ? in the creek the move to the left . splitter to thin hands corner .. if yer short with big hands this move is hard.

By Keenan Waeschle
From Bozeman, MT
on top of the RNWF <br />June 2012

the moves getting to the 3rd bolt on party in the desert at the corral wall in joshua tree. Balancey and committing, with the bolt just far enough below you to keep things interesting.

Right at this spot (not my picture)

By martinharris
From Glenwood Springs CO
Jan 25, 2013

Agreed the move on sinestra is wild
You put your foot on a just barely big enough edge and tip over untill you can grab the other crack. I think I held my breath for like 30 seconds while making the move.

By Tom Mulholland
From #1 Cheese Producing State!
Whiskey-a-Go-Go

The sword-fighter move on Bagatelle at Devils Lake! It's a long dynamic move straight to the right with a good left sidepull and left foot; you lose the right foot during the deadpoint and the right hand goes for a gaston at the level of your left hand. It looks almost like firing a bow, only with both hands swiveled.

By Mr. Holmes
From Cascade West
#2

The last two moves before the ledge on P1 of Heinous Cling, Smith Rock.

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
El Chorro

The crux of "Airshow" at Moore's Wall is the most memorable 5.8 sequence I've ever done - also the hardest. Overhanging, hand jam to a crimp, then cross over to the jug, after a pretty sustained route and another "5.8" crux already below you - I've seen plenty of strong climbers struggle on that last roof. But there are a lot of memorable sequences at that crag (Zombie Woof).

I think the crux finger locks on "Fine Jade" in Castle Valley are right up there for me though. It was my first 5.11 in the desert and the setting can't be beat. We also did the North Face of Castleton that day and the end of the first pitch is a gem as well.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Jan 25, 2013
You stay away from mah pig!

it's not super hard; not even the crux of the climb, but turning the first roof on Legacy (11a) at the NRG, with its perfect fingerlock and backstep foot right where you need it is one of my favorites. Every time I do it, I've just got a grin on my face.

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV

The facey crux sequence on Eiger Direct.

&

The cryptic sequence of Ten-Digit Dialing.

both in CCC

By Ryan N
From San Louis Obispo
RJN

+1 on the exposed move from Wall Street to the start of the upper exum. Not too technical, but damn, you really feel that air below you.

By J. Broussard
From CordryCorner
Young Good Free Face, 11b

How about the crux sequence of the South East Arete of the Second Flatiron?
Terrific exposure for the grade!
The best part is thinking about how Kor soloed it for it's first ascent when you're dealing with the exposure.
www.mountainproject.com/v/south-east-aretesecond/105755725

However, my favorite sequences are the starts of T2 & Young Good Free Face (thanks MB for pushing me to solos those out!). Work them out as boulder problems them link them together as a nice bouldery sequence of supper classic pulling!

By ryan albery
From Cruisertonfieldville
Jan 25, 2013

Getting to that perfect jam on the second pitch of Triassic Sands in Red Rocks.

Fingerlocking the reach on Davidson's Dihedral, Paradise Forks.

As for a route, Kissing Couple, in western Colorado.

By MTKirk
From Billings, MT
Me on Supercrack

For me it's Supercrack. Not that it's hard or anything, just that I get past the pedestal & the little roof into the blue camalots and it just flows.
It just feels perfect, like I'm flying up the crack. I get this stupid grin on my face & feel like laughing. When I hit the chains I'm always sad it's over.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>