Eldo is way better than Gunks
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By Zigler

...well it is!

By Healyje
girl40

That's sort of like saying one fifty year old single malt scotch is better than another.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 5, 2013
You stay away from mah pig!

that's like saying coke is better than pepsi.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Feb 5, 2013
You stay away from mah pig!

Healyje wrote:

hehe, obviously we have different opinions on these crags.

By Zigler
Feb 5, 2013

Gunks is a good place to learn trad but its no multipitch. Eldo will make u understand why...

By mtoensing
From Boulder
Feb 5, 2013
Props to my home state show

'nuff said

By Bryan G
From San Jose
Puffy jackets and Happy Boulders

Multipitch doesn't matter, nor the quality of the rock. The better crag is obviously the one with the most sandbagged grades, and I think we all know which one that is...

By rgold
From Poughkeepsie, NY
Feb 5, 2013
The traverse out to the Yellow Ridge on the Dogstick Ridge link-up.  Photo by Myriam Bouchard

I've climbed quite a bit in both places. They're both great in their own ways.

By S Denny
From Carbondale, CO

camhead wrote:
hehe, obviously we have different opinions on these crags.

hah!

By TWK
Feb 5, 2013

I learned how to lead in the Gunks, and I've never climbed in Eldo.
Clearly, Eldo sucks.

By lucander
From Stone Ridge, NY
Feb 5, 2013
Lucander off the GT Ledge on p. 2 of Keep on Struttin.

Eldo = Naked Edge
Gunks = Naked people climbing Shockey's Ceiling

By Zigler

lucander wrote:
Eldo = Naked Edge Gunks = Naked people climbing Shockey's Ceiling

Hahaha! Gunks is a bunch of horizontal cracks, only 2 climbable months a year. Eldo...where do I start???? Divinity?

By JCM
From Golden, CO

rgold wrote:
I've climbed quite a bit in both places. They're both mediocre in their own ways.

There, I fixed it for you.

By Zigler
Feb 6, 2013

John u never climbed in Gunks...

By Elliott Crooks
Feb 6, 2013

Climbed a lot both places as a week-end hacker. Gunks has more route finding challenges, & is probably the best area in the country for really fun easy & moderate routes. On the other hand, Eldo is way better for multi-pitch/exposure: Yellow Spur blows High Exposure out of the water for air under your feet (and I love both routes). Great rock quality both places-and I say this having climbed a lot of rock in the Cascades.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Feb 6, 2013
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

Iv'e climbed a ton in Eldo and visited the Gunks once and almost prefer the Gunks now. They could clean up some of that peeling paint lichen, though. A few wire brushes would do it. Chop chop.

Yellow Spur is definitely more impressive than High E.

By Jake Jones
From The Eastern Flatlands
Feb 6, 2013
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.

John Marsella wrote:
Hi Ellanor! I thought that was you! Of course I haven't climbed in the Gunks.

Neither has she/it. This is a sad attempt to get one of her bullshit threads started.

By Dave Cummings
From Grand Junction, CO
me on my redpoint

Eldo is better but that isn't fair either. The Gunks is one of the coolest areas to climb in in the country, when the weather is good, and if anyone gets the chance to check it out do it. Eldo is not really a comparable area. The Gunks are 1-2 pitch routes and Eldo has 1-7 pitch routes. In the Gunks you can climb overhanging 5.6 and is crazy fun and in Eldo you can get some of the biggest exposure anywhere like on the Naked Edge. Both areas are awesome. That being said Eldo is one of the best areas anywhere any everyone should check it out, hard to compare it to anywhere really.

By Ben Brotelho
From Albany, NY
Feb 6, 2013
Epic free solo with a pack on

Everyone should go to Eldo then, and leave the Gunks alone!

By wankel7
From Indiana
Feb 6, 2013

At least it isn't 20 bucks a day per person to climb at Eldo!

By Zigler

Jake Jones wrote:

Hell yea I did!! Ask me a question..
John tell it to the judge! And who is Ellenor?

By Zigler
Feb 6, 2013

Ok something,no guide book can tell u ....the campground only had a sauna but no shower a dude was found jumped climber but not climbing at that time, intentional fall.

By Unassigned User

Wat??? ^^^^
That is a incredible mix up of words.

By Sir Wanksalot
From County Jail

Zigler wrote:

Please say it ain't so... I thought they figured a way to perma block you, but I can tell by the quoted dribble your back.

You suck. Eldo sucks. Gunks suck. Boulder sucks.

Honestly, maybe I haven't in eldo enough, or maybe I'm a total chicken, but I don't think it's all that great. Is it the scary gear that makes it great? The scary rock? Or is it the fact that it's in boulder county? IDK and IDK shit about the gunks except New Paltz is AWESOME! And the North East in general is a nice place with good people.

I enjoy the granite of LCC and the High Sierra to eldo any time.

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO

camhead wrote:
that's like saying coke is better than pepsi.

2 rights don't make a wrong...
But 2 Elanor's don't make a right. I'll take care of it.

By Wyatt Payne
From Littleton CO
Feb 6, 2013
Big Bend (South faces in Aug Bad Idea)

Couple issues to add/aggravate the situation:

Short climbs

Cracks don't go the right way

Bitch Please! No Contest, who doesn't find short routes with horizontal cracks to be far superior to any alternatives out there?

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>