Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Eldo - Genesis - Fixed Rope
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 4 of 5.  <<First   <Prev   2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sep 27, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Pea...
Scott McMahon wrote:
It's mind bottling.


???


FLAG
By Cultivating Mass
Sep 27, 2012
Leading on the only "fair means" rack.
yeah, let's beat off somebody! I mean, beat up somebody.

Lameness continuing unabated.

Does putting in hundreds if not thousands of hours for the ASCA make me less of a toolbox? No, it just cuts into my playing with dolls time.

No word on the rope yet, huh? Part of me thinks it would be cool to see the guy get his gear back. Another part feels like that situation's like returning the rest of the rufies when you let a rapist out of county.

Does anyone ever learn from getting their gear jacked? I'm thinking it's pretty unlikely. People tell Ellenor she's annoying, retarded, and unwanted hundreds of times a month, and that seems to be not penetrating the thick skull one bit. Whaddaya say, EDJ? Never, never again? Or, damn, that's annoying but fuck everyone and their rules, I'm right back on it?

FLAG
By NickinCO
From colorado
Sep 27, 2012
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
Admit it, you love hearing yourself talk. I like you better when you're posting pictures of half naked women.

Quittin' time, can't wait to pick this back up tomorrow... Goodnight cupcake

FLAG
By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Sep 27, 2012
Bocan
Stich wrote:
???


You know, when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle? haha!!

FLAG
By Cultivating Mass
Sep 27, 2012
Leading on the only "fair means" rack.
When I'm not perfecting Magnum, I'm a philosphizer by trade.

Just cause I have a negative view of humanity is no reason to be bummed out yourself. Climbers are good people. Not gossipy, effeminite bitches who re-post from site to site, not the kind of assholes that steal ropes off of people's projects, not the kind of schmucks that troll the living hell out of anything and everything they can from their unsuited for the illiterate iPhones.

My buddy, who's well known around here as a poser, negative nancy, and general dick (even I think this, and I like the guy; ish) says
"Climbers aren't good people. They're usually overpriveleged, under-responsible shitheads just trying to take everyone around them for anything they can squeeze out of them. Now, firefighters? You got at least a decent chance that some guy willing to run into a burning building for a total stranger's benefit might MAYBE be a decent person. But even then you're talking about just better than 50% odds. Most climbers, maybe 90%, are people I wouldn't drink a beer with if they were buying."

Words of wisdom. Course, my paramedic buddy thinks most firemen are shitheads, too, so maybe we should get back to your regularly scheduled rope-theft argument, and I can talk to myself, with my mellifluous vocal tones, and whatnot. And you can google Eva pictures or whatever it is that you do when you're not calling me cupcake. Which is hot.

FLAG
By CJC
Sep 27, 2012
you started drinking early today huh

FLAG
By Greg Johnson
Sep 27, 2012
Howdy. That's my brother you are all talking about. He loves Eldo, is a great steward of the place, has revisited his position and changed it in the course of the past day, and is genuinely upset at the fluster this has caused. Perhaps it is time to climb rather than posture, enjoy rather than accuse, and celebrate the fact that climbing--for some--remains an activity of inspiration and adventure.

All best,

Greg J

FLAG
By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Sep 28, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after...
All Killer No Filler wrote:
When I'm not perfecting Magnum


By this, do you mean the awesome-'stached, fictitious P.I. from the '80s, or the condom "allegedly" made for ahem, larger men?

Oh yeah, and give the guy his rope back. He seems to have gained some humility. And even if it's just for the purposes of getting his rope back, it's still his.

FLAG
 
By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Sep 28, 2012
Stabby
Jake Jones wrote:
And even if it's just for the purposes of getting his rope back, it's still his.

Technically, no its not the moment he left for the day. I highly doubt the rope takers did so due to the kids attitude, they did so to get $200+ of free rope. Thats the equivalent of working 8 hours at 25 an hour.

FLAG
By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Sep 28, 2012
At the BRC
Do we actually know if the rope was stolen by somebody who just saw an expensive unattended piece of gear or whether it was taken down as a political statement?

In either case, I think it should be given back, but it's a lot more likely if taking it was a statement.

I think Brad deserves his gear back too, even if I still carry the emotional scars inflicted by gang-topropers at the Gunks.

FLAG
By Greg D
From Here
Sep 28, 2012
Out of the blue.  Photo by Mike W.
Brad White wrote:
So, I wasn't going to say anything about this, but two weekends ago I was out in Eldo with my Soloist, and some douchebag stole one of my three anchors while I was climbing. I had a top rope set up on Blind Faith, and had two cams, and a nut all equalized as an anchor. I did not leave my gear unattended. I ran some laps without going to the very top where my anchors were placed. When I climbed to the very top to clean my gear: a nut, a double length Specter cord, and two locking biners were gone. I was so blown away by it that I wasn't even sure what to think. Because this was not a case of "abandoned" gear, and because I was actively climbing on my system the whole time it was up, except for a breather or two, I was shocked that anyone would mess with it while I was climbing. Fortunately the two cams that were not stolen were bomber, so it didn't particularly endanger me. But what a rotten thing to do. I still don't know what to think, but the more I do the more pissed it makes me. Even though the situation is totally different than the rope that is the subject of this thread, I think anyone trying to justify stealing as a way to enforce "local" ethics has their head up their a$$.


Wow. Totally blown away to hear that. We were there climbing just up the hill from you. It was a pretty quiet day over there. Only one party topped out while you were climbing. They were on bastille crack. It was their first time on top of bastille cause they asked us if they were going the right way.

If I can help in some way let me know. I would have considered pushing them off the ledge if I knew what they did. Yes I am internet tough guy.

FLAG
By NickinCO
From colorado
Sep 28, 2012
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
All Killer No Filler wrote:
When I'm not perfecting Magnum, I'm a philosphizer by trade. Just cause I have a negative view of humanity is no reason to be bummed out yourself. Climbers are good people. Not gossipy, effeminite bitches who re-post from site to site, not the kind of assholes that steal ropes off of people's projects, not the kind of schmucks that troll the living hell out of anything and everything they can from their unsuited for the illiterate iPhones. My buddy, who's well known around here as a poser, negative nancy, and general dick (even I think this, and I like the guy; ish) says "Climbers aren't good people. They're usually overpriveleged, under-responsible shitheads just trying to take everyone around them for anything they can squeeze out of them. Now, firefighters? You got at least a decent chance that some guy willing to run into a burning building for a total stranger's benefit might MAYBE be a decent person. But even then you're talking about just better than 50% odds. Most climbers, maybe 90%, are people I wouldn't drink a beer with if they were buying." Words of wisdom. Course, my paramedic buddy thinks most firemen are shitheads, too, so maybe we should get back to your regularly scheduled rope-theft argument, and I can talk to myself, with my mellifluous vocal tones, and whatnot. And you can google Eva pictures or whatever it is that you do when you're not calling me cupcake. Which is hot.


Cool story!

FLAG
By Brad White
Sep 28, 2012
When I see some of these posts justifying theft as a means to disagree with someone, it makes me a little sad. Sure, theft has always occurred in our community, but to think some of us believe it is justifiable in any case is surprising to me. Maybe I'm naive.

Greg, I saw that party, because they rappeled off the Bastille right next to me while I was on Blind Faith. I thought it odd. I don't know if they stole my gear or not, but they were my best guess also.

Mark Dixon, you made one of the comments that surprises me. I don't gang tope-rope anything. Typically, when I am out with the Soloist I get to Eldo extremely early, set my rope up on something accessible, and try not to hog the route too much. I usually finish early, and have been doing this off and on for almost 25 years in Eldo. I've never been told that I was out of line for this practice. When you insinuate that somehow I deserved to have any anchor that I was actively using removed and stolen is pretty shocking. Oh well, I guess our community is changing.

FLAG
By Darren in Vegas
From Las Vegas, NV
Sep 28, 2012
Skiing around.
All Killer No Filler wrote:
. Does anyone ever learn from getting their gear jacked? I'm thinking it's pretty unlikely.

Who are you? this isn't something the Killis I know would say......

FLAG
By Cultivating Mass
Sep 28, 2012
Leading on the only "fair means" rack.
Suggesting that stashers are learning disabled sounds exactly like the killis you used to know, before you wore out your welcome.

Feel free to not get me started on you, I think the uneasy truce is as good as it's getting between you and me.

Brad, things have and will continue to change, that's a fact. Adjusting to change is one of the major secondary challenges in life, after food, shelter, and not getting run over by a bus (or thrown under it by former "friends").

I'm glad you got my joke, Nick. Ballbusting intentional, but no harm meant. And drinking doesn't get the words flowing, it tends to mellow me out to the point of sleep, hence all of the forthcoming donations to my beer fund.

Jake Jonesin', the voice of reason AGAIN. Damn you and your thinking and math skills! Hope NC was sick, send me some details, I've been coughing up 50 shades of phlegm getting over the flu, be fun to hear about your 50 shades of gray rock. Or just have you read 50 Shades of MILF to me or whatever is on the large print bestseller list these days.

FLAG
By Darren in Vegas
From Las Vegas, NV
Sep 28, 2012
Skiing around.
All Killer No Filler wrote:
before you wore out your welcome

if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't change a thing
All Killer No Filler wrote:
Feel free to not get me started on you, I think the uneasy truce is as good as it's getting between you and me.

Right back at ya.

FLAG
 
By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Sep 28, 2012
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "...
Brad White wrote:
Mark Dixon, you made one of the comments that surprises me.

Mark, meet Brad. Brad, meet Mark. You are both good guys who I think are misunderstanding each other and you'll work it out.

FLAG
By NickinCO
From colorado
Sep 28, 2012
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
All Killer No Filler wrote:
Suggesting that stashers are learning disabled sounds exactly like the killis you used to know, before you wore out your welcome. Feel free to not get me started on you, I think the uneasy truce is as good as it's getting between you and me. Brad, things have and will continue to change, that's a fact. Adjusting to change is one of the major secondary challenges in life, after food, shelter, and not getting run over by a bus (or thrown under it by former "friends"). I'm glad you got my joke, Nick. Ballbusting intentional, but no harm meant. And drinking doesn't get the words flowing, it tends to mellow me out to the point of sleep, hence all of the forthcoming donations to my beer fund. Jake Jonesin', the voice of reason AGAIN. Damn you and your thinking and math skills! Hope NC was sick, send me some details, I've been coughing up 50 shades of phlegm getting over the flu, be fun to hear about your 50 shades of gray rock. Or just have you read 50 Shades of MILF to me or whatever is on the large print bestseller list these days.


;) As a previous shithead myself I agree with both of your friends although I would lump paramedics into that group also.

I also agree this whole topic is pretty sad. After three long days of work (life is rough) I'm looking forward to a weekend at lumpy, I hope none of my gear gets stolen.

FLAG
By Colonel Mustard
From Reno, NV
Sep 28, 2012
Colonel Mustard
NickinCO wrote:
I'm looking forward to a weekend at lumpy, I hope none of my gear gets stolen.


Usually if you don't leave your crap laying around unattended, it goes home with you.

FLAG
By NickinCO
From colorado
Sep 28, 2012
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.
Colonel Mustard wrote:
Usually if you don't leave your crap laying around unattended, it goes home with you.


GEE THANKS!

FLAG
By Colonel Mustard
From Reno, NV
Sep 28, 2012
Colonel Mustard
NickinCO wrote:
GEE THANKS!


Yeah, seems obvious doesn't it? But then you read this thread....

FLAG
By Dale Evans
Sep 28, 2012
I can't wait till some of you folks are on a multi pitch and I get to clean up the garbage you abandoned at the base of the climb, while you are up there. Like your lunch,backpack,approach shoes,extra water,etc.

FLAG
By Colonel Mustard
From Reno, NV
Sep 28, 2012
Colonel Mustard
Dale Evans wrote:
I can't wait till some of you folks are on a multi pitch and I get to clean up the garbage you abandoned at the base of the climb, while you are up there. Like your lunch,backpack,approach shoes,extra water,etc.


Not even the same ballpark, but keep swinging.

FLAG
By Dale Evans
Sep 28, 2012
Sure it is.

FLAG
 
By Colonel Mustard
From Reno, NV
Sep 28, 2012
Colonel Mustard
Dale Evans wrote:
Sure it is.


If you believe that, you'll love this new moisturizer I'm selling. The dispenser is shaped exactly like my dick.

FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 4 of 5.  <<First   <Prev   2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>