El Potrero Dec 19-Jan 1

By amoses
From Abingdon, Va
Nov 8, 2012

I'm looking to fly down to El Potrero Chico over the holidays and hope to line up a partner/partners in advance. I'm most interested in the long bolted 10's, but I'm up for single pitch or trad. I haven't bought my plane ticket yet, so my arrive/leave dates are still a little flexible.

Aaron

By Stephen Ackley
From Richmond, Virginia
Nov 8, 2012

Hey Aaron, I'll be down in EPC from Dec. 26 to Jan. 13. I'll be there solo for most of the time and looking for partners. Lets climb.

By amoses
From Abingdon, Va
Nov 8, 2012

Stephen, sounds good. Do you know where you're camping? I plan to buy my ticket and get the other details finalized next week, so I'll let you know when that's done and I'm definite.

By Kevin Nicastro
From Denver, Co
Nov 8, 2012

I'm moving down there on saturday for the season. I'll be working at El Buho which is about 1 or 2 kilometers from La pasada. Come grab some coffee and we can go hit it whenever you want!

By amoses
From Abingdon, Va
Nov 12, 2012

Just bought tickets and requested reservations at La Posada. I'll get down there Dec 21 and leave Jan 1.

Kevin, I won't have a car. Any good way to get in touch with you without having to walk?

By Kevin Nicastro
From Denver, Co
Nov 12, 2012

I just asked the guy who runs this place. He said most people just walk down the road. It's not that far and lots of folks do it. Unfortunately, we are all leaving for Christmas possibly around the 18th (nothing is set in stone yet). I hope to be back around the 28th. I will definitely keep you updated on my plans and help you find out anything you need. It seems like you will have no trouble finding a partner here though so get excited.

By Joni Renee
Nov 23, 2012

I'll be there from December 23-January 3rd.

What do you guys recommend for getting from the airport to the grounds?

By amoses
From Abingdon, Va
Nov 23, 2012

I booked a shuttle with la posada. I believe they've got rooms too if you want to try that.

By freeope
From Vancouver Island
Nov 24, 2012

Joni Renee wrote:
I'll be there from December 23-January 3rd. What do you guys recommend for getting from the airport to the grounds? I love camping out, but can't be bothered to fly in with all my gear, so I'll book accommodations this week.

Contact Ed for anything EPC related: magicedspotrerochico.com/

Keep in mind there is also La Pagoda super relaxed not as many FNG's.

Ope.

By Joni Renee
Nov 29, 2012

WTF is FNG?

By bryant
Nov 29, 2012
climbing on the greenbelt

also will be there around this time, should be a blast! Anyone have experience on checking / not checking gear? I'm bringing a rope and 12 draws, don't think that will fit in a carrier on and I'm worried about checking such precious cargo.

By freeope
From Vancouver Island
Nov 29, 2012

Joni Renee wrote:
WTF is FNG?

Fucking New Guys!

By Kevin Nicastro
From Denver, Co
Nov 29, 2012

I carried all of my gear onto the plane. Since I'm going to be here all season I had two ropes, my trad rack, draws, shoes, and other misc gear. It is normally ok but sometimes if the gate people or the flight attendant aren't having a great day they will just check it at the gate. Still better than checking it because you can be sure it got on the plane.

By bryant