El Cajon/Mission Gorge/JTree Partner

By chris7
From San Diego, CA
Nov 12, 2012
Belaying

I live in San Diego (Rancho Bernardo) and am looking for some more climbing partners. I am a confident 5.9 leader and have done my share of 10ís as well although I am not in practice for that at the moment. Part of my hope for finding more partners is to keep some more consistency and improve my technical skill. I have climbed the East Buttress of Mt. Whitney and go to Tahquitz/El Cajon when I can. I am looking for someone to just crag/multipitch with but hopefully someone looking to train for El Cap (or even an expert who needs a belayer in exchange for teaching). I have a standard trad rack and some aid gear. My schedule is pretty consistent and only really changes with each semester. At the moment I have Fri-Sun off and can climb Wednesday if itís in the morning. My winter break starts in mid December and I should have a lot of time to climb except for a 2 week trip. Gender/age/etc isnít a big concern, I just want some people who are fun to climb with and very safe. Reply or send me a message if your interested in climbing soon!

Chris

By B-Real
From Southern California
Nov 12, 2012

PM sent. Let's climb in J Tree or Red Rocks

By Steve Graham
From San Deigo, CA
Nov 13, 2012
Summit of Pan de Azucar in Colombia

I'm good for weekend trips...lemme know!

By Bowens
From Carlsbad, CA
Nov 13, 2012
New Yosemite

PM sent.

By ColinM
From Escondido, CA
Nov 18, 2012
Capitol Peak

I live near Escondido. I have lots of free time to climb locally. I can climb 5.9 but haven't done any multipitch (not a whole lot of that locally anyhow). I'll send you a PM with contact info.

By Brian Groves
From Reston, VA
Nov 21, 2012
Profile Photo

Hey Chris. I will be in San Diego next week and would love to climb J-Tree 11/30 - 12/2. I can follow up to 5.10c on gear. I can lead 5.7 - 5.8 trad, or 5.9 - 5.10 sport. I have climbed lots of places on the east coast - New River Gorge, Seneca Rocks, Gunks, Cathedral Ledges. I have climbed a few places in Southern Cal - Tahquitz, Holcomb Valley, and Mission Gorge. Please let me know if you're interested.

- Brian Groves
cell: 571-243-6063
email: briankgroves at aol dot com

By James Bellamy
Nov 28, 2012

Hey Chris,

I am moving to the area soon and would love to get out with you. I'll be moving from Denver, so you'll have to show me what's good. I lead 5.7 the last time I climbed - can follow 5.10. I would love to get better, hopefully that will occur now that I'm moving to a place where I can rock climb year around.

James

By Jason Partin
From San Diego, CA
Dec 5, 2012
El Dorado Canyon, CO

Howdy Chris,

I usually trad lead 5.8-5.9, sport lead 10a/b. I can follow a grade or so higher for both trad and sport, and am working slowly toward higher grades after a major injury.

Trips over the past few months included multiple to Tahquitz and J-Tree, and one to Lone Pine Peak. I tend to enjoy longer climbs with and scenery. My girlfriend's a couple of grades lower, my climbing friends have grown a couple of grades harder, so I've been either cruising or cursing. I'd like to develop a few partners somewhere in between.

Drop a line to try to meet up... same for anyone reading your post!

Weekends only (bummer).