Edelrid condor or Bluewater eliminator

By markie mark
From Provo, Utah
Mar 22, 2013
Almost to the top of GI Joe.
I've narrowed my rope search down to the condor and the eliminator but i want to know if one is better than the other. Has anyone used either of these that can give me good insight as to which one to pick? I am mostly concerned with handling and durability.

By markie mark
From Provo, Utah
Mar 22, 2013
Almost to the top of GI Joe.
Anybody?

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
Mar 22, 2013
El Chorro
I love my Edelrid Falcon. Love everything about it.

Had a core shot in a brand new Bluewater - could have been from anything but the fact that I haven't the slightest clue what caused it kind of scares me.

Sorry, that's all I have to offer.

By jon jugenheimer
From Madison
Mar 22, 2013
hi
LOVE my blue water 9.4! Possibly my fav single line I have ever used. I like soft noodle ropes a lot and that's what mine was. Time to get another one for this summer

By John Wilder
From Las Vegas, NV
Mar 22, 2013
Unless I'm out of touch, Edelrid doesnt make a rope called the Condor (or stopped making it sometime recently)- their 2013 catalog doesnt have it listed, and I dont remember selling it to anyone in 2012.

I'd probably go with the Bluewater if those are your choices, if only because the Eliminator has a proven track record and the Condor is no longer being made.

By markie mark
From Provo, Utah
Mar 22, 2013
Almost to the top of GI Joe.
I was actually wondering that. Yea probably wasn't the best if they discontinued it eh? I saw it on the stp website but couldn't find it much elsewhere.

By John Wilder
From Las Vegas, NV
Mar 22, 2013
markie mark wrote:

STP is a clearing house for discontinued gear- great place to pick up gear cheap for sure. I seem to recall Edelrid selling them a huge chunk of discontinued ropes late last year. Those Condors are probably included. I think, but dont quote me, that those ropes are 3 years old.

By Andrew Mayer
Mar 23, 2013
top of mt. lady washington - rmnp
+1 for a bluewater. although i don't have experience with the eliminator.

By Greg Egbert
Mar 5, 2014
Me at Taylor's Falls
Bought a Edelrid Condor from Sierra Trading Post in August 2013. The manufacture date was 2012. Definitely not 3 years old.

By Cultivating Mass
Mar 6, 2014
Leading on the only "fair means" rack.
Bluewater ropes have the most consistent performance of any brand I've used, I occasionally hear stories about them dying quickly, but it's never happened to me. Those cords outlast everything. Really well made in the US.