Boulderers silhouetted on “Slashface.”
|East Mountain is accessed by Guided Tour Only|
Some areas require a guide.
Once, one of the places to be and it still is, just a bit harder to get there with the restrictions.
Many great areas await those that get on guided tours to East Mountain.
- The Dragons Den has some of the best V5's in the park and one of the best V10's in the world.
- Some of the hardest moves are found in the area of The Warm-up Roof, on Slashface and Li.
- Moonshine Roof offers one of the best V4's anywhere
- The Dark Heart provids shelter from wind, rain or sun.
- The Aircraft Carrier is a pretty exposed and somewhat intimidating location to climb at.
- Maiden Gully is a long walk, but worth it as there are many problems at different levels and you can escape the sun and wind among the boulder choked gulley.
- Home of the Stars has one of the best V6's around.
There are many other areas that are worth visiting as well, with many classic problems that you will want to do.
Guided tour access only.
Your tour will start at either pond parking or camground overflow depending on where you are headed and where your tour intends on finishing.
Weather station 8.1 miles from here
82 Total Routes
['4 Stars',15],['3 Stars',41],['2 Stars',19],['1 Star',6],['Bomb',0]
Browse More Classics in East Mountain
Mountain Project's determination of some of the classic, most popular, highest rated routes for East Mountain:
Featured Route For East Mountain
Chutes and Ladders V9-10 7C+ TX
: Hueco Tanks
: ... : Water Dog Wall
Stellar looking line that improbably makes a reasonable boulder problem. Multiple place you could start, the lowest of which would involve a series of long pulls on positive edges while exposing yourself to a poor landing with evidence that some of those edges have crumbled. However, if you start from the middle landing area from a high right edge and a seam the rock is very good and there are only really 2 moves that feel exposed. From the crimp work your way up the seam until you can reach out...[more] Browse More Classics in TX
Latest Regional Forum Messages
View from East Mountain. February 2010