Draws on Sonic Youth

By Greg Twombly
From Conifer, CO
May 21, 2012
Edge of Time, Jurassic Park

Are there draws on Sonic Youth, and if so, what kind of condition are they in?

By SteveZ
From Denver, CO
May 22, 2012
Lion King with the pup.

Hey Greg, sonic is equipped and they're all in good shape. Many of them are longer draws though for some of the link ups, so maybe bring some shorties if those are more your thing. Also, not sure if the anchors have anything, so bring a couple at least.

By Greg Twombly
From Conifer, CO
May 22, 2012
Edge of Time, Jurassic Park

Thanks. Are they cable draws or webbing? I'm a little nervous about using webbing draws that have been in the sun for awhile.

By SteveZ
From Denver, CO
May 22, 2012
Lion King with the pup.

Mostly webbing. There's maybe one cable perma-draw down low. Fortunately they don't see much sun down there.

By Greg Twombly
From Conifer, CO
May 22, 2012
Edge of Time, Jurassic Park

Any advice for the project? I hear the third clip is tough-anything else?

By M Sprague
From New England
May 22, 2012

WTF is so hard for people to at least use rock colored or black slings for fixed draws if they really need to be there?

By grk10vq
May 22, 2012
. . .

M Sprague wrote:

while i completely agree, the last time i started a sentence with WTF you deleted it?

WTF?

i wanted to say, greg- i have a friend working this right now and he says the fixed gear is nicer than his own. go get it.
killer pic shumin!

By M Sprague
From New England
May 22, 2012

Pardon, the exclamation is a rarity with me here. It is just my irritation of seeing one too many examples of people having little regard to not let their crags look completely like an indoor gym.

By SteveZ
From Denver, CO
May 22, 2012
Lion King with the pup.

Those sassy color draws did in fact get swapped out for more subdued ones.

I used some drop knees at the top, for me it was important to really dial in the feet up there. The bottom felt harder than the top to me though... so who knows. And yeah that clip saps the energy!

By Greg Twombly
From Conifer, CO
May 23, 2012
Edge of Time, Jurassic Park

Anybody going to be working it on Sunday morning? I'll swap belays.