Draw Stolen, Upper East Fork, Jemez

By JWatt
Jul 5, 2014
Hey all,

Cheers, J.

Lightning storms overhead are scary.

By GearBoss
Jul 7, 2014
JWatt wrote:
Hey all, Left my draws up on Monster Slayer a few weeks ago and went back today to find the lowest one missing. I understand it's a risk but anybody climbing at this level should know better, and if they're working the climb, happy that the draws are up. I cleaned everything on the start aka Cyclops, the easier RHS variant, which meant whoever did it needed to pull into the harder moves to reach it. I take some solace in the fact that whoever did it was too weak to pull the crux and nab the rest. Got chased out of there by a lightning storm today so i didn't get a chance to get the rest. Fingers crossed whoever is nabbing gear doesn't do it again before i can get back. I don't want the draw back cause whoever has this kind of ethic i wouldn't trust the way they handled gear anyways. But if anybody sees a yellow DMM draw with bright green tape on it tell that person they're a dickhead. Cheers, J. Lightning storms overhead are scary.

Oh, wow. I was wondering who would leave a draw sitting on a low hanging bolt. I appreciate the free gear but you really shouldn't leave those up there. This helped to round out my second set of draws for multipitch. My regards.

Cheers, G.

By Senior Hernandez
Jul 9, 2014
on the trip
Bummer,

FYI- you can hang and strip that route from the easy one next to it, so no need to lose more draws on that one move wonder.

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Jul 9, 2014
The Cathedral Spires in RMNP, left to right: Stile...
I personally don't agree with leaving fixed draws. That being sad, I also don't think it's cool to swipe other people's gear. It's not uncommon for hikers to grab draws if they're reachable from the ground or with some relatively easy climbing as some sort of souvenir or some shit. If you're going to leave draws behind, I would suggest at least taking the first draw with you when you leave. Sorry you lost your draw.

By George Perkins
From Los Alamos, NM
Jul 21, 2014
I'm not a crusher; I just spray a lot.
JWatt: The rest of your draws weren't up on it today. Hope you sent and took 'em down, but if it wasn't you, it's time for you to start making threats on the internet, or just start taking your gear home with you.

By C. Archibald
Jul 21, 2014
Me on some bolted 10 in boulder canyon
Maybe you should change the thread title to "Left My Crap Unattended on Public Land."

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Jul 21, 2014
Bummed
Eldo Love
Eldo Love

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Jul 21, 2014
The Cathedral Spires in RMNP, left to right: Stile...
The Blueprint Part Dank wrote:

youtube.com/embed/e58FeKOgsU8

By The Blueprint Part Dank
From FEMA Region VIII
Jul 21, 2014
Bummed
Marc H wrote:
It's a hard life marrying a Brazilian supermodel who built you a house with a moat and makes $285k/day.. youtube.com/embed/e58FeKOgsU8

He did lose two Super Bowls to Eli. And Eli is an idiot.