Dogs at Ironclads, near Allenspark

By Ewa Nowak
From Westminster, Colorado
Aug 22, 2014
Does anyone know whether dogs are allowed at the Ironclads near Allenspark?

By Tony A. Davis
From Drake, Colorado
Aug 22, 2014
Pic
Ewa, I remember that it was on USFS property, so pretty much anything goes. I remember a lot of gunfire, atv's and glass though which was too bad because it is a neat area.

By Ewa Nowak
From Westminster, Colorado
Aug 22, 2014
Thanks Tony. It's a shame indeed. There are only so many crags around Estes that are dog-friendly :( I'll appreciate other suggestions...

By Buff Johnson
Aug 22, 2014
smiley face
dogs, atvs, drunk rednecks, elk and pigs roasts, rootin tootin shootin good times.

no cats though. them varmits are dead meat.

By Rob Dillon
Aug 22, 2014
The Sandrock of Colorado. if you find something that's actually forbidden there, don't tell anyone or they'll likely commence doing it immediately.

By JustinJD.
From Denver
Aug 26, 2014
Should be fine but you do need to keep an eye on them as I've seen dogs get cut up from all the glass and old campfire trash. Also a good idea to keep them close as some of the other "campers" have had some mean looking dogs in the area. I'm sure it would suck to be halfway and hear a dog fight below.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Aug 26, 2014
Bocan
What everyone said to a T..anything goes pretty much. There are spots you can go deeper in, but I'd be afraid of being out of eyesight there for both humans and dogs. Nobody wants to get shot.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Aug 26, 2014
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Pea...
Don't forget all night EDM raves. Oy, vey. That was a horrible, sleepless night at the Ironclads, me hearties.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Aug 26, 2014
Bocan
Well the Ironclads isn't so much a crag as a network of 4x4 trails and roads through national forest that has alot of small rock outcroppings. Not sure if you've been there, but trust me...dogs are the last of the issue at the ironclads.

And totally Stich. I got caught camping next to one of those up in the Ward area forest roads. Ugh. Who CAMPS with a DJ?

By JustinJD.
From Denver
Aug 26, 2014
Dance party near the Ironclads is the reason I still have glow sticks in my climbing bag. Always be prepared.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sep 1, 2014
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Pea...
Scott McMahon wrote:

Burners, I suppose. And the music went on well into the morning, at which point people were still listlessly wandering around the DJ stage with no one on it.