Dixie Cragger TN finally released

By Andy M
From Murfreesboro TN
Jul 29, 2013

www.dixiecragger.com/shop.htm

Anybody had a chance to browse through the two book TN edition yet? I am hopeful this version has some better maps and directions in it.

By Jay Perry
From Chattanooga, TN
Jul 29, 2013
bouldering at LRC

Haven't seen them but if you're into sport climbing it looks like it'll be worth waiting for Chatt Steel. Should be out early fall.

By Matt Lisenby
Jul 29, 2013

I have been very impressed by the Dixie Cragger series, they strike a great combination of comprehensiveness as well as including many crags.
I am looking forward to the Volume 2 Tennessee version, now we just need the crisp fall temps and low humidity.

By Andy M
From Murfreesboro TN
Jul 29, 2013

Got my hands on a set of books this evening from Cumberland Transit. A big improvement from the old series! These books have full color pages, better maps (using aerial imagery), lots of photos of routes, higher quality topos, and even QR codes for parking and weather of each crag.

I was happy to fork over the cash when I flipped through the books.

By BHMBen
From The Deeper South
Jul 29, 2013
Post climb snack... <br /> <br />Photo is of Strappo Hughes, taken in the Yosemite Lodge parking lot in 1982 by Russ Walling.

Chris Watford did a lot of homework and picture-related footwork for this update. A real service.

By Brad "Stonyman" Killough
From Alabama
Jul 29, 2013
Knife Crack

Awesome. Thanks to Chris for his hard work and all involved.

By Chris Watford
Jul 30, 2013

Hey, thanks everyone for the kind words. I tried, as with all of the previous books, to give a lot of value, trying to include as many areas as possible. Obviously I had to go back, re-hike all of the areas, climb as many of the newer routes as I could and re-shoot everything. I'm not a very good photographer but I hope the cliffline/route shots will be okay. One or two areas I just couldn't get to, like Black Mountain but I shot most everything else that I could. I hope that everyone likes them.

By Austin Eddy
From Knoxville, TN
Aug 13, 2013

The new dixie craggers atlas is nice. I want it just so I can see the section on the new routes at foster falls. My only complaint is that there is not really a section on the obed, so don't buy it if you are looking for it to guide you there.