Did you lose a backpack of gear with climbing shoes attached to it?

By annieb
From las vegas nevada
Nov 21, 2012

Backpack of gear and shoes found at an apartment complex in Vegas bout 15-20 min from RR by a paramedic I know at work. Please be able to describe what was in the backpack, color of helmet, what kind of shoes were attached to the pack, etc. Don't know if all this was stolen and dumped by some twit head non climber at the complex. The paramedic I know knows I'm a local climber and I told him I would post it here. I really want to return it to its rightful owner because whoever lost all this gear has to be hurtin right now I would think. I know if I lost mine I'd feel like my arm was missing.

annieb

By Jon Chiappa
Nov 21, 2012

I had a backpack of gear stolen this weekend in Vegas. Shoes were 5.10 VMiles attached to the pack with a red Doval carabiner. Helmet is white with no stickers. Cams were singles from c3 1 - c4 3. Pack was a dark green Metolius Porta-Cord.(plus other stuff) Any chance you found my pack?

chiappaj@gmail.com

By mcarizona
From Flag
Nov 21, 2012

...well??... happy ending??

By annieb
From las vegas nevada
Nov 21, 2012

what kind of harness was in the pack this may be your stuff but there was more gear in the bag it would be easier to call if you can but i work tonight. Is there anyway you can call me like 830 tom am 702-578-2709...not that I don't believe you but there are so many on this site that have lost gear just want to make sure. Also if this was stolen from the crag its pretty scary to know that there are non climbers running around looking for stuff at the crag or even campsite and I feel I should put up a warning on the site because as long as I have been here I've never seen and heard of more climbers getting stuff stolen at the campsite and crag than this year. I think someone might have thought there were valuables in your pack like a wallet or something. Because it was dumped at the complex. Obviously they didn't like what they saw.

annie

By Jon Chiappa
Nov 23, 2012

Looks like a happy ending thanks to the amazing generosity of several strangers! I'm unbelievably happy and grateful.

- Jon

By Markk
From Las Vegas, NV
Dec 16, 2012
Frogland

Wow annie... you are a hero! That guy is extremely lucky.