|By Gear Co-op
Mar 22, 2013
|Full-time position as Customer Service Representative at climbing and outdoor retailer in Costa Mesa, California. Join a fun and fast-paced company with a great retail store, climbing wall and rapidly growing online business. We work hard and play hard.
Candidates must be serious outdoor enthusiasts. Not a die-hard outdoor enthusiast? Please do not apply.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service possible as well as making sure that all returns and transactions are backed by the spirit of our 100% Ironclad Guarantee. The position also includes some store floor staffing, shipping, and inventory duties.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent general computer, email, and web proficiency
- Experience in retail/online customer service
- Very high productivity and the ability to multi-task within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment
- High competency at learning new skills and completing tasks quickly and correctly
- Integrity, strong work ethic, attention to detail
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings as required for retail store shifts
- Excellent organizational skills
Other relevant experience:
- Excel experience a plus
- Thorough familiarity with climbing gear and technical outdoor apparel
- Must be able to sit in front of a computer for extended periods of time
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize the tools and training to develop selling and service skills, resulting in long-term customer relationships and increased sales
- Give accurate and current information about our products
- Handle product returns in a way that demonstrates the spirit of our “Ironclad Guarantee”
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude
- Apply the above standards to all phone inquiries
- Other duties as needed including shipping & receiving and inventory
- Handle all customer service inquiries via phone and email for orders on gearcoop.com
- Inspect and keep track of all returned product
- Coordinate with product managers regarding vendor RMA procedures
- Coordinate with catalog management department regarding online listing quality and data issues resulting in loss of sales
- Monitor customer service metrics to ensure customer satisfaction
- Great gear discounts (40%-85% off!)
- Strong company growth and future potential
- Opportunities for advancement
- Collaborative team environment that respects and appreciates employees!
- Company sponsored health insurance
Pay ranges from $10-$16+/hour depending on experience.
Please send a resume and brief statement about yourself, your outdoor endeavors and any related experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include details on your outdoor accomplishments at things like climbing, mountaineering, backcountry skiing, backpacking, etc.