Copy of Ice Climbs of the Lake Superior Region

By Wes B.
Jan 29, 2013
Profile Photo

I'm thinking about taking a trip to Canada in the next month or two and would like to get a copy of Ice Climbs of the Lake Superior Region.

Anyone willing to part with their copy? Or suggest an alternative guidebook that would be easier to get a hold of?

By Martin le Roux
From Superior, CO
Jan 29, 2013
Stairway to Heaven

Looks like these people might have a copy: www.secondstorybooks.ca/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=4602

By aed
From Jackson, WY
Feb 10, 2013
aed

If you're going to Orient Bay/nipigon area, get this:
www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0961957131/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=136054902>>>

By jon jugenheimer
From Madison
Feb 10, 2013
hi

That book has been out of print for a long time as well...grab a copy if you can find one!

There is a small rumor that a new select guide will be produced...sometime...to Thunder bay/Nipigon/Kama area. no timeline on this yet.

By aed
From Jackson, WY
Feb 11, 2013
aed

Cool.
Care to share any more about the rumor?
As in who'd be producing it, etc....

By jon jugenheimer
From Madison
Feb 12, 2013
hi

Sorry, I would rather just keep it a rumor.

That being said, if you can get your hands on one of the guides above, and check out the below websites. You can find alot of info on those sites as well.

Climbingcentral.com
acctbay.ca

By jon jugenheimer
From Madison
Feb 16, 2013
hi

Eric has three copies of the Superior guide available that he just found. email him at midwest@climbingcentral.com for the last copy if you are interested.

By Chad Miller
From Grand Junction, CO
Feb 16, 2013
Smile for the camera.  Me topping out of Pice of Cake, Taylors Falls MN <br />

I have a copy that'd I'd part with.

Aed already contacted me about buying the guide but I haven't heard back from him.

Anyways if anyone want's it it's $45 plus $5 for shipping. Retail for this guide book in 2000 was $30.

By Wes B.
Mar 4, 2013
Profile Photo

Thanks everybody. Luckily I secured a copy from the AAC Library (How sweet is that service!?)

Headed up there weekend after next, then I'll know if I need a copy of my own.

By Daniel Wade
From Oakland, CA.
Mar 4, 2013

The ice was GOOD. Check out Mile 38 road.

By Wes B.
Mar 19, 2013
Profile Photo

Orient Bay... WOW! What an amazing area. Thanks Ed & Steve!

Heres a short trip report I typed up for last weekends trip.... www.bradshawclimbing.com/

Three thumbs up for sure!