Coloradoan in Georgia from May to September in Need of Weekend Partners

By rangerdrew
From Loveland
Apr 14, 2013
Evans Aprons

I will be in Columbus, GA from May to September 2013. The rumor is I can climb on the weekends and I'd like to find some partners within 3 hours of Fort Benning. I figure that opens me up to TN, GA, and AL.

I'm wanting to check out Mount Yonah, Currahee Mountain, Lost Wall, Sand Rock, Palisades Park, and the Chattanooga area. A sampling of the best routes in those states would be a right good summer.

I prefer trad and like my climbing 5.9 and below for the most part. I'll have my rack and rope with me.

By John Rosenbaum
From Cleveland, GA
Apr 16, 2013
Does it really need one? Stone Summit, Atlanta, GA

I can see Mt Yonah from my back yard and currahee is thirty minutes east. I primarily boulder but have been doing very little sport. I am on Yonah about three days a week. What brings you this way?

By rangerdrew
From Loveland
Apr 19, 2013
Evans Aprons

I'll be out that way for an Army course at Fort Benning. I'm bummed about leaving the wife and missing out on Colorado climbing, but stoked to do some climbing in the SE. Are there any good climbing guidebooks for the TN, GA, AL region? I'd be down to climb sport or trad. I am probably terrible at bouldering.

By RMc
From TN
Apr 21, 2013

Hey Drew,
I think we climbed a route together on Thorodin a few years ago. Maybe CMC. I'm living in TN now, just got here and looking for partners. Let me know when you want to get out in the Chattanooga area. I'm up closer to Ft. Campbell but would be happy to meet you around Chattanooga.
-Rand

By rangerdrew
From Loveland
Apr 23, 2013
Evans Aprons

You are correct. I've got a nice scar on my ankle from that day. I let you know when I am free. Ill be out there on May 11th and looking to climb beginning the 18th.

By Greg Berry
Apr 23, 2013

3+ hours to Chatty or Sandrock. 3 hours to Tallulah Gorge. Chatty is definitely the best bang for your buck if you like bulletproof sandstone face and crack climbing. Sunset in Chatty is probably the closest, short approach after the long drive. Plenty of 5.9 trad at Sunset which is a better summer crag with shade most of the day. Feel free to message me for any South East beta.