Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Coachella valley climbers meet-up

By Brian Allen
From Palm Desert
Mar 26, 2013

Been living in Palm Desert for a while now and always seem to end up climbing with people from LA and SD which is fine but harder for times when I get last minute days off. I've met/climbed with a couple local people (David, Jon) but there must be more of us.

Any one out there in the C.V.? I'd like to connect with more of you to make partnering /travel to areas easier. There is also some exploring I'd like to do in the area for new routes.

If there are some responses here I'll organize a meet up where we can get together and try to get out more.

Thanks,
Brian

By DaveGustafson
From Palm Desert, CA
Mar 26, 2013
Hot n Juicy

What's up, Brian? Let me know if anybody wants to do a meet and greet.. I'm in!

By Brian Allen
From Palm Desert
Apr 1, 2013

Dave, glad to see you are still around. At least there are two of us.. Let's get out, I'll get in touch.

By Aurelie
From Toronto, ON
Apr 2, 2013

Hello guys.

I'm not living in the Valley, just coming for the second weekend of the coachella festival but...I really would like to travel around for climbing between the 22nd and 27th of April.
Joshua tree, sequoia or Yosemite...

It's going to be complicated alone, for sure!
Let me know if you're interested!

cheers,

aurelie

By Brian Allen
From Palm Desert
Apr 2, 2013

I'll be around and can probably climb a day or two that week. I'll PM you my contact info if you want to get in touch.

Brian

By John Shippling
From morongo valley, ca
Apr 10, 2013

Hey Brian I'm also around and have climbed with both Jon and Dave we should get out as well I'm available during the week and every other weekend pm me we'll get out
John

By Eric I
From Desert Hot Springs, CA
Apr 10, 2013

Hey guys,

New to the area, and fairly new to climbing. Would dig a meet and greet, don't know anyone to climb with outdoors yet. Ive been staying in DHS, but stuck driving out to Riverside to go to Threshold to climb

Eric

By Chad F
From Costa Mesa, CA
Apr 14, 2013
photo

bump for Brian, solid and cool dude. Let me know when u want to go climbing again.

-Chad

By RTM
Apr 15, 2013

Eric, dude! Yer driving past Tram, past the Jupiter Boulders, and past Black Mountain (not to mention Joshua Tree stone 30mi away) - to go climbing in a climbing gym 50mi+ away??

- Thats just wrong!

By Eric I
From Desert Hot Springs, CA
Apr 15, 2013

Dude, I know! It pains me to drive way out there to climb, but with no rope, no pad, and no partners it's a bit difficult to get out! I've been up to Jtree a handful of times but not enough.

By RTM
Apr 16, 2013

no pad? I could prolly sell you an old sardine juice-stained cat fur-encrusted pad for like $20 or something!

You could be shoeing up at the Jupes in 15min or less from DHS, or Tram parking lot in 15min.

Looking for a posse? Go up to Tram and hang out at the Dance floor, you'll have bout 100 new climbing contacts after one saturday morning!

By Brian Allen
From Palm Desert
Apr 16, 2013

John, glad to see someone with weekday availability. I often do to. I'll try you next time I head out.

Eric, I drive right by there on my way to JTree, I'll reach out to you next time.

Chad, thanks for the bump. It's getting about time to head to Tahquitz. I won't short rope you this time.

By toddgordon
From Joshua Tree, California
Apr 16, 2013

Low desert dwellers;.....I climb often;....and mon. through Fri.....give me a call out when you are going climbing;....let's go!.....(760) 366-9395.............Not really into bouldering (pebble wrestling) and usually hang w/my family on Sat/sun.............Brian Allen;....give me a call;.....let's get this party started.....

By Eric I
From Desert Hot Springs, CA
Apr 17, 2013

RTM - Where are the Jupiter Boulders at? never heard of em... I'll be trying my luck at the tram this weekend, thanks for the heads up !

Brian - Looking forward to it, thanks.

By rich magner
From cathedral city, ca
May 9, 2013

There's a small enclave of climbers in the CV, that's for sure. A few of us train in our garages throughout the week- tuesday and thursday typically. Then it's out to the crags on the weekends. Let me know!

By RTM
May 16, 2013

Hey Eric - How was Trammy?

The Jupes are about 3 miles outside (west) of Palm Springs, on hwy111. I believe its the 3rd canyon down from the tip of Jacinto.

DHS is a great town to live in for a climber!

By Eric I
From Desert Hot Springs, CA
May 17, 2013

RTM - Haven't made it up to the Tram yet, spent some time at Suicide instead. Had fun climbing there, need to go back soon! I'll check out jupes this week seeing as it's so close!