climbing shoes repair in Seattle?

By Talya
Aug 8, 2012
boulder creek
HI
Just moved to Seattle form Boulder, does anyone know of a good place that repair climbing shoes???
you can also send me a message if you would like to go climbing!
thanks
Talya

By redlude97
Aug 8, 2012
I've used dave page cobbler before with ok results if you must stay local. My last resole I sent to Rock and Resole and I was much happier with the work

By mcarizona
From Flag
Aug 8, 2012
I think Dave Page is in Kent. He fixed my shoes while I was there. If it wasn't him, look for the cobbler in Kent.
Steve

By JonathanC
From CO
Aug 8, 2012
I've been a huge fan of Cascade Cobbler. Prices are about the same as anywhere else, they're located in Mazama, and they've sent 6 pairs of shoes back to me climbing perhaps better than new.

Unfortunately Mazama isn't super local and you'll still need to hit up the post office. I felt like it was worth it though. Like previous posters, I've heard mixed things about Dave Page's repairs on climbing shoes.

Welcome to Seattle!

By Eric Fjellanger
Aug 8, 2012
Me on top of Chianti Spire
My preferred resoler has been Ramuta, it's worth it to pay to ship them out to Montana and back. Turnaround has always been quick. ramutasresoles.com/

I used Dave Page in Fremont for my last resole and wasn't thrilled with the results. I dropped them off in person and when I collected them found that Vibram rubber had been used. I would have preferred C4 and was surprised that wasn't the default and I hadn't been asked. They also came back feeling weird, which was never a problem I had with Ramuta's work. Interestingly, Page himself accepted the shoes when I brought them in, he inspected them and sniffed "Ramuta did these?" So I guess maybe they have ideological differences and you might prefer one or the other.

By jdberndt
From Seatte, WA
Aug 8, 2012
+1 for Ramuta. Excellent attention to detail. I was so impressed I sent a thank you email.

-1 for Dave Page. Little attention to detail. I didn't even bother complaining.

By Talya
Aug 8, 2012
boulder creek
great info, thanks for the honesty!