Climbing Shoe Resole Links
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By John Marsella
From Berthoud, CO
Feb 6, 2013
<ul style='margin:0 0; padding:0 0;'><li>breathing intensifies*</li></ul>

At the time of this post, there are over 850 posts returned by the search phrase "resole shoe." Here are (many of) the links aggregated from those threads:

AZ

VA
www.crescentresoler.com/ (434) 409-2324

WA
www.davepagecobbler.com/ (800) 252-1229
www.cascadecobbler.com/ (509) 996 2034

UT/??
alfrandell.blogspot.com/ (search for his email)

Morgan M from Moab (what great alliteration!) has complied a list that includes prices & services he aggregated; it can be found at camcamnut.com/resolers (thanks Morgan)

There are people who say good things about each of the above resolers; there are also people who have bad things to say about many of the above resolers.

I'm sure I have missed some. Please let me know & I'll add to the list.

By M.Morley
From Sacramento, CA
Feb 6, 2013
8-21-09

More importantly, what's the number for Rock and Resole?

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Feb 7, 2013

John Marsella wrote:

I'm sure that has little to nothing to do with with phone-number-for-rock-and-resole thread. :-)

By Andy Novak
From Golden, Co
Feb 7, 2013
Living the High Life.

Not that it matters too much, but Steve Komito in Estes Park (listed above) also works on rock shoes, and does excellent work.

By Ben Brotelho
From Albany, NY
Feb 7, 2013
Epic free solo with a pack on

"can a mod please make this a sticky?"

He he nice double entendre

By gearwhore
From Orange, CA
Feb 12, 2013

No resoling going on in JT?

By AnthonyM
Feb 12, 2013
Maroon Bells-Bell Cord Couloir

Whats the phone number for Rock N Resole again (kidding)....

By Allen Corneau
From Houston, TX
Feb 14, 2013

TX

lostsolesclimbing.com/ Max: 713.202.8323

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Feb 14, 2013
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.

Anyone in the east (WV, VA, NC, MD, PA) send anything to Crescent Resoler? I'm curious about their quality because they're only a couple of hours away. The general thinking is that turnaround time will be shorter. I've used Rock and Resole twice and I love their work but it seems like my shoes are gone forever. Plus, I lost the number.

By rock_fencer
From Columbia, SC
Feb 14, 2013

Jake Jones wrote:

google www.crescentresoler.com/index.html

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Feb 14, 2013
...

"Wasn't Locker out there for a while before moving to good ole Colorado?"...

"Pat Dennis, via Nomad Ventures" (Or something like that perhaps)

THANKS!

locker
owner/resoler
PositiveResoles.com

By William Domhart
From Ventucky, CA
Feb 14, 2013
Traverse by HWY 41 Cave

Bumpity bump...and +1 that this should be stickified...

By Morgan M
From squamish
Feb 14, 2013

camcamnut.com/resolers

This was mostly created from combing threads on this site.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Feb 15, 2013
...

"I've also compiled a directory of resolers with additional service/price and rubber types listed:"

Incomplete info on my Website.

You forgot to include ONYX rubber in the choice section.

Thanks for updating it when you get the chance!

;-)

To John M:

THANKS for adding Pat to the mix!

I KNOW he will appreciate it.

By Morgan M
From squamish
Feb 15, 2013

Thanks Locker! Just updated the site.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Feb 15, 2013
...

"FYI: I see ONYX listed on your order page, but not here: www.positiveresoles.com/services.html"...

Good catch!

I didn't do the website and actually missed that one totally.

I'll get ahold of my WEBMASTER and see if I can coax him to add it...

THANKS!!!...

By Zappatista
Feb 17, 2013
Book me, officer.

Jake, I used Crescent Resole back in the day on an old pair of Boreal Bambas. They had a rand repair that peeled off right away, delamming issues, and when they got stolen out of my bag at Peak Experiences, I didn't miss them, I considered it good luck. That's just one pair, could have been a bad glue batch or just a shitty week for the guy doing the work, but I would go with gambling on a new service rather than that guy, personnally. I've been using the Rubber Room, like their work+pretty fast. Friction Fix near you might be quick, they've done good work for me in the past, though last order did have one pair delam quickly (vegas in summer probably explains that). Good luck you dirty so and so.

By Nelson Day
From Joshua Tree, CA
Feb 18, 2013
me (about to sneeze)

M.Morley wrote:
More importantly, what's the number for Rock and Resole?

I have used these guys for the last year and a half - got 3 resoles done. They consistently got my shoes back to me 10 days after the day I shipped them and have always done good work. They charge $32 for the resole and $8 for shipping. They have only resoled La Sportiva Miuras for me. The stock thickness of Miuras is 4mm rubber from the factory and I have always had that thickness put back on.

Here's their listed phone number: (303) 440-0414
Here's their website:
Rock & Resole

By William Domhart
From Ventucky, CA
Feb 19, 2013
Traverse by HWY 41 Cave

Here's a new one in the Central Coast (San Luis Obispo, CA).
Recycler Resoles. Can't vouch for them personally, but some old faces in SLO seem pretty happy with their work.
recycleresoles.com/

By Zappatista
Feb 21, 2013
Book me, officer.

Anyone use Lost Soles for resoling? I emailed them but haven't heard back in a couple of days. Do they still exist?

By Allen Corneau
From Houston, TX
Feb 21, 2013

Killing In The Name Of wrote:

Yes, I was up at his shop a couple of days ago.

Max is a busy guy and is sometimes a little slow on returning emails/phone calls, but I'm sure he'll get back to you.

By Joshua Sims
Apr 18, 2013

New shop in Bend, OR doing resoling on climbing & approach shoes called The Gearfix. There an extension of a used gear shop called Repeat Performance which has been around for about 7 years.

www.Facebook.com/TheGearFix

By Zappatista
Apr 21, 2013
Book me, officer.

Lost Soles hooked em UP! Happy with their work, put some life back in the old biddies.

By Allen Corneau
From Houston, TX
Apr 21, 2013

Killing In The Name Of wrote:

Excellent! Glad my boys Max and Drew made you happy.

By shotwell
Apr 21, 2013

Locker wrote:
"Wasn't Locker out there for a while before moving to good ole Colorado?"... Correct! Positive Resoles was originally located in Joshua Tree, and working out of Nomad Ventures climbing store. But upon moving the buisness over here to Colorado, I turned the JTRee portion of the buisness over to Pat Dennis who is still resoling via Nomad Ventures. Pat should for sure be added to your list here. "Pat Dennis, via Nomad Ventures" (Or something like that perhaps) THANKS! locker owner/resoler PositiveResoles.com

Locker, have you worked with Pat before? I'm glad to hear you added him to the list because he did a great job on my wife's Muiras. He also left her a really nice note for leaving enough sole to get a good sole back on the shoe. A+ guy in my book and nice of you to mention him.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Apr 22, 2013
...

"Locker, have you worked with Pat before?".

Well HELL YEAH!

Good friend, good resoler!

;-)