Climbing partners for Tucson/Cochise

By PaulZ
Jan 19, 2013
smith rock
Hi there. Just moved to Tucson and looking for people to climb with at Mt Lemmon, Cochise and any other areas you can show me! I'm into safe, fun climbing and am happy doing trad or sport. I have a full trad rack, rope and transport, and i won't be working for at least a few weeks, so I have lots of time to climb!

Paul
971-506-7608

By aequis
From Vail, AZ
Jan 22, 2013
Hey Paul, welcome to Tucson. We have a climbing meetup group:

Tucson Rockclimbing meetup

Pretty good group w/a range of abilities and interests. Trad partners are a
bit harder to find, so give me a yell here, on the meetup or my email address:
(I have started doing more trad routes the last year or so, btw)

tewl28@yahoo.com

--richard

By PaulZ
Jan 22, 2013
smith rock
Thanks, Richard. I was hoping there might be a group like that. And, I'll get in touch with you soon to get out climbing!

By Ball
From Oakridge, OR
Jan 24, 2013
Sam Perkins; Ground-up FA; named because it's big ...
I'm game for Cochise if you have some time off.

By Rolf Rybak
From Vancouver BC
Jan 29, 2013
I'll be in Tucson from Feb 4th till the 15th. Maligrosa, Mt Lemmon or Cochise Stronghold. Especially interested in doing Peacemaker at Cochise.
Trad or sport OK by me.

By Ball
From Oakridge, OR
Jan 29, 2013
Sam Perkins; Ground-up FA; named because it's big ...
I'm camped out at Cochise as I type this.

I'll likely still be here on the 4th weather permitting, but there's more interesting stuff out here than that bolt fest, Peacemaker.

(they should name that climb epic-maker based on how many epics I've seen on it. The no-gear aspect attracts gumbys like water bugs to the light)

By Rolf Rybak
From Vancouver BC
Jan 30, 2013
Do you have phone reception out there? Send a number, I'll look you up.

By Ball
From Oakridge, OR
Jan 31, 2013
Sam Perkins; Ground-up FA; named because it's big ...
541-359-9212

By -mn
Feb 15, 2013
Hey PaulZ or anyone else? - I'll be in the Cochise area on the 21st/22nd/23rd (Feb.) and hoping to find a partner to do abracadaver. If you see this give me a call - 970 382-1967 Thanks! ..Miles

By PaulZ
Feb 17, 2013
smith rock
Hey mn, ball and others, hoping finally to make it to cochise next weekend, so i'll get in touch if i'm going. Still looking for more Mt Lemmon partners (mid-week is fine).

By Ball
From Oakridge, OR
Feb 18, 2013
Sam Perkins; Ground-up FA; named because it's big ...
Weather likely to push me out Wednesday. I may stay in the Tucson area for a while. Depends on homestead and Sedona weather.

By christopher burton
From salt lake city
Mar 8, 2013
Hoodoo!
Hey Paul. I'm new to the city as well. I obvi dont know the place very well either, but I'm down to explore. Happy doing trad or sport (or boulders even). More experienced climbing sport, fairly novice leading traditional. Half-rack or so, draws, rope, etc. This is an old post, but if you need a partner, I have a flexible schedule.
Chris 571.217.3079