Climbing partner needed in El Chalten

By Elana Hirschkatz
From Springdale, Utah
Feb 5, 2014

I'm going to be in El Chalten around the middle-end of February. I'm looking for someone to climb with; I brought my personal gear but not much else. I can follow up to 5.10b/c and can lead up to 5.8/5.9 (trad or sport). Thanks!

By donWolf Konecny
From N Oakland, Ca
Feb 7, 2014

hello. I am looking for somewhere to climb in march. i have been to el potrero and enjoyed it. i don't know where else in mexico has camping or budget housing near climbing like that. is el chaten like that? if not, can you tell me other places where i could show up and walk to climbing and there be lots of sport. or trad. thanks. wolf

By Yevgeniy
Feb 7, 2014

Hey Wolf, you should come to Bariloche. There is some pretty amazing climbing around there. I am gonna be there in the beginning of March and looking for someone to climb with.

By Eline
Feb 8, 2014

Hi Elana, i'll be in El ChaltÚn from Feb 20 until Feb 28 and i'm also looking for a climbing partner. Problem is, like you (if i understood correctly) i didn't bring a rope or quick draws. Only my shoes and harness. Been climbing for a year now. Only sports climbing, no trad. Can lead 5.8 and some 5.9's. Can toprope 5.10a/b. Maybe we can meet up? Eline

By Jordan Collins
From South Lake Tahoe
Feb 10, 2014

Check out cochamo valley guys. you cant rent gear in puerto varas if you need some but their should be people out their lookin for partners.. its in same vacinity as all the places your talkin about. less expensive as well.

By Elana Hirschkatz
From Springdale, Utah
Mar 8, 2014

Thanks Jordan! I might wind up heading there, it sounds amazing!

By Jordan Collins
From South Lake Tahoe
Mar 12, 2014

I am now in Bariloche!! so if your around the area im looking to climb! climb anything

By Elana Hirschkatz
From Springdale, Utah
Mar 22, 2014

Aww man! I'm back in the states! I hope you found a partner and had a great time.