Climbing partner for summer

By dirtbag hero
From Columbia, Mo
Mar 9, 2013
my frandddd!!!
Hey I just got a internship this summer in the white mountains at Tin Mountain Conservation, and I am looking for someone to climb with :) Ill be out in May.

My name is Cory I am a recent forestry graduate from Mizzou in Columbia, Mo! Send me a pm and we can get in contact :)

Ive been doing research on all the climbing here, and the climbing looks majestic!! Im so excited!! Woot woot, ive never been farther East than the red!!

Also I was wondering what guidebook would be worth purchasing, I will be really close to WHite horse Ledge, and Cathedral

Thanks!

By Travis Dustin
From Hollis, NH
Mar 10, 2013
NH
NH is Awesome!!! What are you looking to do? Trad sport or boulder?

By dirtbag hero
From Columbia, Mo
Mar 11, 2013
my frandddd!!!
Both!! I just got a rack over winter break and broke it in at J tree and Red rocks!!

Im so excited!! Yeah white mountains!! woot

You live by Albany? That is where I will be staying!

By pooler
From Albany, NY
Mar 11, 2013
If you're staying in Albany don't forget the Dack's PM me if you want to check them out too

By Keyan P
From Burlington, VT
Mar 12, 2013
View from top of Standard Route on Whitehorse, NH
@Pooler, I think he means Albany NH.

@OP, there is plenty to climb in that region and there is a comprehensive guide to the area (northconwayrockclimbs.com/). I only get out on the weekends, but let me know if you are in need of a partner after mid-May.

By pooler
From Albany, NY
Mar 12, 2013
Albany NH huh lived in the east my whole life and never heard of an Albany NH learn summin new every day I guess good luck out in NH dirtbag but if you make it to Albany NY at all my offer still stands

By dirtbag hero
From Columbia, Mo
Mar 12, 2013
my frandddd!!!
ahahah its a really small town in NH the pop is like 735, its right next to Conway!!

BUTTTTT I would love to come to the gunks if I can one weekend, or some thing like that!

I will for sure hit you up

Thanks, Cory

By Travis Dustin
From Hollis, NH
Mar 12, 2013
NH
Im always looking foe new people to climb with! Enjoy your time here You're gonna love it!

By dirtbag hero
From Columbia, Mo
Mar 19, 2013
my frandddd!!!
I will be arriving May 22nd!! woot woot, any more people looking for some one to climb with this summer? I will mainly be available on the weekends

Thanks!!

By jim.dangle
Mar 19, 2013
You should get the Handren guide book for the Valley. And a bug jacket.

Jim

By dirtbag hero
From Columbia, Mo
Mar 20, 2013
my frandddd!!!
aahahh for the black flies I presume? Are they really that bad?

By Morgan Patterson
Mar 20, 2013
Stoked...
bug head net...

By Jcomeau
From Hopkinton, MA
Mar 20, 2013
Id be up for getting on some climbs

By jim.dangle
Mar 20, 2013
Yes, the bugs-- the black flies-- are pretty freaking heinous in season. They won't stop you climbing but they'll freak you out a little.

Seriously, if you are working in the woods, you will definitely want some protection. Repellent doesn't work on these guys.

You'll have a blast though.

Jim

By M Sprague
From New England
Mar 20, 2013
Get a bug jacket with attached head net and a billed hat to wear underneath to keep the netting off your face, gloves for when you are not actually climbing and heavy DEET for your wrists and ankles. It sounds like you will be arriving in the thick of the black flie season :)) Yes, they can be that bad.

asktheexterminator.com/flies/B...

By M Sprague
From New England
Mar 20, 2013

...and they take forever to heal up! Imagine hanging belays while your leader takes FOREVER to lead up those 8 pitches and fumbles around setting up the belays.

By dirtbag hero
From Columbia, Mo
Mar 20, 2013
my frandddd!!!
Woah that looks pretty serious, especially those pierced nips lol!!

I will be working in the woods though lol, and I thought Missouri was pretty bad with its ticks and Chiggers!