Climbing in Puerto Rico June and July

By eswarren18
Apr 15, 2013

I will be living in Puerto Rico for the summer and I would love to do some climbing if I can find a partner. I am comfortable leading up to a 5.10 and have all the gear for sport climbing. I have some information about good climbing areas but any additional information would help.

I will be there for an internship so I will be free to climb any weekend but probably not during the week. I would love to meet up with anyone and do some climbing even if it was just for one weekend.

By Chad Christensen
Apr 15, 2013

I climbed in Puerto Rico a couple of summers ago and it was a good time. Really cool features. Below is a link you can download some free guide books for the area. I went to the Bayamon area definitely worth checking out. My good climbing buddy is doing an internship down there right now i will see if he is interested in going climbing

aventuraspr.com/?page_id=356

By Julia Lee
From Somerville, MA
Apr 15, 2013
profile

We were in PR for some climbing this past February and it was really helpful to visit the adventuras climbing store (same one referenced by Chad Christensen). Rosario directed us to yet another climbing area that was totally different from Bayamon. I would highly recommend stopping in. They're super friendly and helpful. Also, climbing in Bayamon is not to be missed especially the cave!

By eswarren18
Apr 16, 2013

Thanks for all the good info! And yeah if your friend will be down there during the summer and would want to join me that would be great.

By David Appelhans
From Lafayette
May 6, 2013
Imaginate

I'll be in PR May 26-June 8. Anyone want to meet up and climb?! I'll be bringing my shoes and harness. I can lead 5.11 sport, but I've never climbed on limestone before.

By Rob Davis
From Brooklyn, NY
May 14, 2013

There's a chance I'll be in san juan the last week in June, but am traveling solo with no plans and hadn't considered climbing. Is it possible to find partners down there/should I bring a rack and rope?

By eswarren18
Jun 7, 2013

Rob,

I am free to climb any weekend in June or July and have rope and draws. However, I will be in Mayaguez on the west coast. If I can somehow get a ride down and back then I will be able to join you.