Climber Owned Businesses you Recommend
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By OCClimber
Apr 27, 2013

This stems from a previous thread: www.mountainproject.com/v/professionals-a-potential-database>>>

Use this thread to endorse a climber owned business you recommend. If you own a business post your info here and/or if you are hiring please post job openings.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Apr 27, 2013
...

www.fishproducts.com/

www.rent29.com/

By Steve Williams
From Denver, CO
Apr 27, 2013

^
www.positiveresoles.com

By rogerbenton
Apr 28, 2013
Whoever this guy is, he's just plain irresponsible.

My businesses-

RECOBKLYN.com - live edge slabs of hardwoods from naturally downed trees within the NYC area.

BENTONCUSTOM.com - custom designed, hand made solid wood furniture.

And a friend's company-

nycutlery.blogspot.com/ - handmade knives, furniture and all manner of other interesting things.

By Buff Johnson
smiley face

Lane's a master plumber for Colorado area: Onsight Mechanical. fixing engineering fuck-ups for decades, and peoples' houses; good guy, too.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
...

LOL!

I forgot I was on Mt Project and posted as if I were on SuperTopo.

My last recommendation made no sense here as no one has a clue to who I was talking about. LOL! Me either obviously.

So I deleted it.

By Tom-onator
From This Galaxy
Tom-onator

Here is a link for Climber/Dr. Ken Geohagen's Mobile Vet Hospital. All About Pets P.C. COS

Also, my wife/climber/belayer/spotter Diane has an embroidery business Simplylodge.etsy.com
As well as a photography store Forests Edge Photography

I don't have a website yet for my HVAC business:
Alpine Mechanical Systems
But you can PM me here or call 719.244.7035
Thanks for posting this thread OCC, and thanks to all that responded to the original thread!

By OCClimber
Apr 28, 2013

Mike's Mix Recovery Drink, www.mikesmixture.com Also has sports drink, stright maltodextrin, straight whey protein and even a woman's specific recovery drink.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
...

Are you speaking of Mike Lane from here?

I'll BACK that recommendation also.

By TheBirdman
From Eldorado Springs, Colorado

Need an attorney in CO?

www.avvo.com/attorneys/80303-co-zachary-friedman-3823641.htm>>>

Free consultation in exchange for a belay!

By Peter Stokes
From Them Thar Hills
Wall Street, Moab, UT

I've been a mechanic for over 25 years, servicing all makes and models, and I'm in North Boulder. I don't have any employees, so my rates are significantly lower than the shops here, but I might be away climbing somewhere... funny, that- nobody here can relate, right?

Peter's Car Clinic

By EDGE
From Boulder, CO
Puffin, Newfoundland, Canada

Custom furniture and design, specializing in Queen Anne, Federal, Chippendale, and Shaker.

www.loransmithwoodworking.com

Dunlap-style Secretary Desk and Bookcase
Dunlap-style Secretary Desk and Bookcase

English style Tall Clock in plum pudding mahogany, satinwood, and brass
English style Tall Clock in plum pudding mahogany, satinwood, and brass

By Jeff Kent
From Sedona, Az
Apr 28, 2013

Wow Edge, that is some beautiful work!

By rgold
From Poughkeepsie, NY
Apr 28, 2013
The traverse out to the Yellow Ridge on the Dogstick Ridge link-up.  Photo by Myriam Bouchard

Rock and Snow, New Paltz, NY www.rockandsnow.com/store/

Climber-owned and operated since 1970.

By boo

Quesadilla Mobile
Moab UT

Gourmet quesadillas and fresh, homemade sauces/salsas.

Parked behind Pagan Sports...How convenient is that!

By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Stabby

Buff Johnson wrote:

Locker wrote:
Are you speaking of Mike Lane from here? I'll BACK that recommendation also.

Thanks guys.
Full disclosure:
One MP client had to get a warranty issue resolved by another company, I owe him some free labor
Another one had me install a tankless system and I think wasn't totally thrilled. I was unaware of some of the pain-in-the-ass aspects they have until I put my own unit in.
I frequently don't reply to messages either. Meh.

That said, I am proud of my overall body of work.
Onsight Mechanical

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
...

Doubling up on that fucking WOW!, Edge. Super FANTASTIC work!

By Buff Johnson
smiley face

German Guitars, also a master craftsman, but with guitars...so that's just badass right there.

By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Stabby

Ditto with that about Edge.

Here's some I know, trust and recommend:
Richard Sims Does carpentry and general contracting specializing in very green/efficient homes.
Greg D. is into high-tech, green HVAC, Boulder-based.
Cindy Mitchell handles real estate based out of the south metro area.
Locker's Positive Resoles listed above.
All have websites on their profile pages here

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
...

Serious question.

When it comes to this type of furniture, does it get ANY better?

?

By Allen Corneau
From Houston, TX
Apr 29, 2013

A few folks in my neck of the woods...

www.LostSolesClimbing.com
Resoling, equipment sales, guiding, gym consulting, etc.
Owned by Max Deisch and Dave Wearden

www.AustinClimbingBook.webs.com
Austin guide book, Gnarly Press
Owned by John Hogge

By EDGE
From Boulder, CO
Apr 29, 2013
Puffin, Newfoundland, Canada

Locker, when your client is a former NH governor and multi-term US Senator (at the time) it pays to pull out all the stops. Fortunately he told me that he wanted a tiger maple Dunlap-style secretary desk with basket weave and shell carvings, claw and ball feet, hidden drawers, and carved monogram for he and his wife, and otherwise "go nuts." The Dunlaps were a prominent family of 19th century cabinetmakers from NH, but they never made a secretary desk so I had to extrapolate their style to design this piece, and the claw and ball feet were carved in their distinctive style.

Damned thing took me 900 hours, but I took it from design & lumber selection all the way to DC delivery myself. I also made another secretary desk and bookcase in plum pudding mahogany ($65 board foot and almost impossible to find as dimensional lumber), but the photographer screwed the pooch and I only have bad photos of that one.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Apr 29, 2013
...

Damned thing took me 900 hours...

I'll bet!

Really BEAUTIFUL work dude!

By Peter Stokes
From Them Thar Hills
Apr 29, 2013
Wall Street, Moab, UT

boo wrote:
Quesadilla Mobile Moab UT Gourmet quesadillas and fresh, homemade sauces/salsas. Parked behind Pagan Sports...How convenient is that!

Sweet! I'll stop by around May 21st...

By Dobson
From Butte, MT
Apr 29, 2013

Great work Edge. A piece of that size and complexity would really overwhelm me. Sorry to hear about the poor photos of the desk and bookcase. That's one reason I never release my work until I'm sure I have all the photos I need.

Here's some of my stuff:

Kukri in 52100 and Voamboana, sheath by Kathleen Dobson

box in Honduras rosewood, maple, ebony and pre-ban ivory

Another climber-owned business is the Depot in Terrebonne, OR. Delicious food after your climb.

By Remo
From Madison, WI
Apr 29, 2013
Out to the slot. <br />Photo: Ben Fellenz

Like OCClimber said, Mike's Mix: mikesmixrecoverydrink.com/ is a really great climber owned company. It's really good stuff for battling post work-out muscle soreness. The sports drink tastes great too!

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>