City of Rocks is perfect right now!

By kevinhansen
From Albion Idaho
Dec 26, 2013
Why I do it...
I bouldered this morning, in the sunny west and south face of things, it feels like 70 degrees. Not a person to be seen. Weather is going to be , kinda the same for tomorrow and weekend.

forecast.weather.gov/MapClick....

By Greg G
From SLC, UT
Dec 30, 2013
The route in it's entirety.
castle rocks is primo right now. went up yesterday for a clear air binge, and was rewarded with great conditions alongside a steak dinner at the outpost!

By Charlie S
From Ogden, UT
Dec 30, 2013
Cams above the arm bar moves on Three Pigs in a Slot, Indian Creek.
Looks way warmer than the forecast for LCC!

By rging
From Salt Lake City, Ut
Dec 30, 2013
CoR
Buy a pair of skis you nut.

By Sam Cannon
From Holladay, Utah
Dec 31, 2013
a
Kevin, any feel for how it's going to be tomorrow/Thurs? Got excited when I saw this post, but all the forecasts I'm looking at say cloudy and low 40s.

By RKM
From Alpine, Utah
Jan 1, 2014
Another day at Red Rocks. <br /> <br />Photo by Joanne Urioste
Just walked around Castle Rock with my son (Jan 1, '14). Temps in the high 40's. Felt like 60's. A party on Red Rib in T-shirts. Several other parties climbing. No wind, plenty of sun. This morning, early, about 4:00 am, the sky was brilliant with stars, including the Milky Way. It was so quite, I thought I heard the earth rotating.

By kevinhansen
From Albion Idaho
Jan 2, 2014
Why I do it...
SwC wrote:

Sorry I didn't get back soon enough. I was on some ice for a few days. To catch the sweet spot, you need clear sky's, temps in the 40`s or higher, and no wind. We have had a lot of those kind of days here in the last weeks.
I've been reading other threads that sound like people are looking for any rock that isn't snow covered. Idaho`s having a dry winter.

By Sam Cannon
From Holladay, Utah
Jan 3, 2014
a
Just climbed in Castle Rocks for the last 2 days - it was beautiful weather and very warm climbing while in the sun.

By Garret Nuzzo-Jones
From Salt Lake City, UT
Jan 3, 2014
Cleaning up in Jenny Lake.
Splitter weather.

Alpinista Sista
Alpinista Sista

By kevinhansen
From Albion Idaho
Mar 11, 2014
Why I do it...
SwC wrote:
beautiful weather and very warm climbing while in the sun.

Looks like more of the same for the next 5-6 days.
As long as there isn't wind and you're climbing in the sun, the climbing should be Grand!
Nights are going to freeze though so bring you warm sleeping bag and something warm to drink in the morning.

By Sam Cannon
From Holladay, Utah
Mar 11, 2014
a
Heading there early next week!

By haleymay
From Salt Lake City
Mar 12, 2014
hand solo - selfish wall
I've been up there the last 2 wknds, weather was perfect :)

By mfox79
From Idaho Falls, ID
Mar 12, 2014
Lost Arrow Spire, City of Rocks Fall 2008
How far in can you drive right now? I was guessing up to bath rock but was not sure.

Thanks in advance

By RKM
From Alpine, Utah
Mar 14, 2014
Another day at Red Rocks. <br /> <br />Photo by Joanne Urioste
Last Saturday (March 8th) at Castle Rocks, it was sunny and 59 degrees - no wind. Same day at City of Rocks (all the way to Upper Breakloaves) it was still in the 50's, hardly any wind and still sunny.

You can drive anywhere in both places, and have been able to most of the so called winter.