Chimney Rock (Northern Idaho) in May

By Nielsonru
Apr 4, 2013

Looking to climb Chimney Rock beginning of May, anyone know if they rock itself is clear. Looking to do a route on the West face. And what about the roads? I know there are two ways, I have heard the road on the East side is much more predictable.

By Nielsonru
2 days ago

Hey! Here it is a year later and I still actually have this question. Here's a "bump" to my question.

By Austin Baird
From SLC, Utah
2 days ago
Me scaring years off my mom's life

Try posting in the northern utah/Idaho forum too

By Marlin Thorman
From Spokane, WA
2 days ago
Harrison Peak in northern ID.

The rock itself should be clear as long as it doesn't snow up there anymore. You will have lots of snow on the approach though! Have fun!

By Maurice Chaunders
2 days ago
Colombian Crack

Im in Boise. Is this priest lake area?

By Nielsonru
2 days ago

Marlin Thorman wrote:

That's what I am imagining the conditions to be. Any idea of the roads leading up there? Think I could get all the way in to where people normally stop and hike? ( I was probably going to use the East driving directions since that seems to have less road problems year around.

Maurice, It is in the range directly east of Priest Lake.

By Marlin Thorman
From Spokane, WA
2 days ago
Harrison Peak in northern ID.

If you are talking about late May then you should be able to get to the east trailhead off the Pack River Rd......or at least pretty close to the TH. If you are early May then I am not sure....I would guess it would still be passable, although it could be a touch muddy as you get near the TH.

By Turner
2 days ago

Expect snow but May is a good start to the Selkirk season!