Cell Reception in Almo???

By Eric Mountford
From Lakewood, CO
Aug 21, 2014
Can anyone tell me how good the cell reception in Almo is? I'm leaving for a week of climbing at the City of Rocks this Sat and have a very important phone interview that I will need to take while there. I have Sprint as my carrier.

thx,
Eric

By Andy Laakmann
Site Landlord
From Bend, OR
Aug 21, 2014
Racked and loaded... name that splitter behind me?...
I had good AT&T. Big ol' cell tower in town now. But just in Almo. Not in the park.

By Eric Mountford
From Lakewood, CO
Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for the response Andy.

Do all carriers use the same towers or are they company specific?

By S.Lee
Aug 21, 2014
Top of Too Much Fun, City of Rocks
I have Verizon and got pretty good reception in Almo, and some sporadic reception when driving through the park.

By Kiri Namtvedt
Aug 22, 2014
I have Verizon; I had reception in Almo and also on top of some of the rock formations.

By Brian in SLC
Aug 22, 2014
Climbing in Smuggler's Notch
Verizon and poor to no reception in Almo. None in the City. Back in June...so...maybe that's changed?

I wouldn't count on it. If you have an important phone call...drive to Burley.

By Trevor.
Aug 22, 2014
Me on Pabst Smear. Chris took this pic from East C...
I'm on Verizon and I get service in Almo and up at the sites by Finger Rock.

By Adam Paashaus
From Greensboro, North Carolina
Aug 22, 2014
After you get done climbing be sure to head up to ...
Verizon. I've heard you can get it on Bath Rock. I've gone down to the main road and instead of going left towards almo I always went right and a bit down past where it turns gravel up at a crest in the road and it worked well.

By Mike Morin
From On the Road
Aug 22, 2014
Lincoln Lake
Just left there yesterday and was checking email at the state park campground during my visit. 2-3 bars of 3G with Verizon.

By Daniel Winder
Aug 22, 2014
Coming from SLC, I lose service in Tremonton, UT. There is no Sprint service there.

By Trevor.
Aug 22, 2014
Me on Pabst Smear. Chris took this pic from East C...
If you get to the city and find you don't have service in Almo, you could drive up to Albion and almost certainly have service there.