Camping near Flagstaff in april

By lm610
From Nottingham
Nov 15, 2012

Looking through sites camping appear to be closed in april, does any one know of any good year round campsites?

Me and my wife have never been to America so could do with somewhere with showers just to ease us in.

Many thanks
Luke

By Bob
Nov 16, 2012

There is the Grand Canyon. It is two hours away with lots of camping...

By lm610
From Nottingham
Nov 16, 2012

any good climbing in the grand canyon. I have two ropes but they are two single ropes one 50 and one 60metres, I noticed there was a couple of Grand Canyon routes but they stated requiring two ropes and I also cant find topo books

By guy bon
Nov 16, 2012
yup...

You can camp free of charge on most Forest Service roads in the Southwest. You will, however, not have access to a shower. There are many, many free campsites in and around Flag.

By manuel rangel
From Tempe, Arizona
Nov 20, 2012

Most pay campsites near Flagstaff do not provide showers. If you really want that service you can try looking up KOA campgrounds. Some are located near cities/towns.

Try looking at a map and find a National Forest, any road therein provides you with free camping.

The Grand Canyon is fairly complex, skip it. There are many areas near Flagstaff worth visiting.

By shotgunnelson
Nov 20, 2012

Priest draw has a nice free camping spot. No showers though

By D Dyreson
Nov 29, 2012

Fire roads may be closed if it is a wet spring. However, good free camping can be had around Sedona (no showers). However, you can grab a $5 shower at the hostel in Flagstaff.

Message me if you would like specific details for good camping spots around Sedona.